Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Semaglutide

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
If you need to kill your appetite to drop a little weight holy cow try semaglutide. It makes phentermine obsolete in my opinion. Half a mg to start and I’m lucky to get more than a handful of food down. It’s super important that you eat very clean healthy food also because it will give you terrible persistent indigestion if not. Id start with a lower dose if I was advising someone I dealt with nausea the first night. Once a week is enough after day 2 it kicks in hard and goes strong for the week. Anyone else try it?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Are you doing the shots once a week? Are you breaking them down into smaller doses throughout the week? My understanding is if you do smaller doses multiple times during the week you have less sides.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Just doing once a week. I should have started at 1/4 mg dose not a half. I would bet 1/4 mg would be just as effective. The sides aren’t bad just have to be mindful of what you eat. I take medicine for acid reflux and it does not help.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
My wife got started on this about 2 months ago. She is up to 1000mcg/wk now and eats 1 meal a day. She is not really hungry until day 6 of 7. Seems to work pretty well, She started out with 250mcg and worked up.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Been hearing about this a lot. Also heard that it can curb the craving to drink alcohol. Doctors are prescribing a lot off label.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I recently went off proton pump inhibitors because of their effect on my kidneys, bad blood work. Heartburn has already been a nightmare. I'm trying everything under the sun to keep it under control. I think ramping up on doses regardless of that is probably a good idea.

My wife and I are trying it out now starting with quarter doses and slowly ramping up to 1 mg per week but we are breaking them down into daily shots. I do notice I take the shot early in the morning and I'm not hungry until about mid- late afternoon. The only downfall I'm finding is I don't have a lot of energy very lethargic since I'm not taking in many calories but that could just be psychosomatic.

We are both on the fairly lean side just seeing how the stuff may affect and fine-tune things. Our biggest problem is we are huge foodies and we love love to eat and we're hoping this may help with that

Phentermine works great but I have high blood pressure and that just makes it terrible.

Also it's a good experiment to see how things play and we can nudge our clients to go see a doctor if it seems viable and doable.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I would stay at a low dose for as long as you can before bumping it up. Bump it up slowly, then wait as long as you can for another bump ion dosage. There are some users who have been using semaglutide long-term for about a year now, and they are stating that the appetite suppression has gone away, even at higher doses. I'm not sure how much you can keep bumping the dosage before it doesn't help, so take it slowly, or you will have to add another drug in with it, or stop and reintroduce it later again.....or try a different GLP-1 to see if it helps.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
typical prescribed routine is 0.25mg, once a week for four weeks (mostly to build tolerance and sides), then up to 0.5mg/once a week... I suppose some could start at 0.5mg but caveat emptor.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Thought about trying it for me and my wife to drop a few lbs before going to the keys but heart burn sounds like a no deal for me

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I recently went off proton pump inhibitors because of their effect on my kidneys, bad blood work. Heartburn has already been a nightmare. I'm trying everything under the sun to keep it under control. I think ramping up on doses regardless of that is probably a good idea.

My wife and I are trying it out now starting with quarter doses and slowly ramping up to 1 mg per week but we are breaking them down into daily shots. I do notice I take the shot early in the morning and I'm not hungry until about mid- late afternoon. The only downfall I'm finding is I don't have a lot of energy very lethargic since I'm not taking in many calories but that could just be psychosomatic.

We are both on the fairly lean side just seeing how the stuff may affect and fine-tune things. Our biggest problem is we are huge foodies and we love love to eat and we're hoping this may help with that

Phentermine works great but I have high blood pressure and that just makes it terrible.

Also it's a good experiment to see how things play and we can nudge our clients to go see a doctor if it seems viable and doable.
Define bad blood work.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Define bad blood work.
My blood work is always perfect there is nothing that has ever off other than maybe a slight elevation in cholesterol. I do my blood work every single year and I've never have any deviating factors at all. This year I have high protein, high calcium, High ketones, there is something else I don't have it in front of me but I had more things that were dysfunction my kidney blood work and urine than was good. The only thing that was in the normal range I know they look at is the creatinine levels which was normal.

Up until the time I had blood work a few weeks back I was having to urinate at least once an hour even a complete emptying. Since I've been off ppi I'm back to every 4 to 5 hours.

They said that having to frequently urinate like that is definitely a sign that your kidneys are not functioning properly and I've noticed that over the last couple of months finally got this year's blood work done stop the ppis and almost back to normal with no really other adjustments to what I'm doing. Other than trying to figure out a way to avoid acid reflux without taking drugs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic