Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Chef’s tabled hors de oeuvres

Steak Tar tare garnished with diced egg, cracked peppercorns and Bermuda onion
Served with cocktail Rye

Artisan cheese and bread board featuring derby sage, cranberry Wensleydale
and Comte brie

Seafood cocktail bar with smoked mussels, scallops, shrimp, and Blue Point oysters

Shoreline Smoke house, smoked salmon, peppered smoked trout, pastrami lox and grav lox
With capers, minced onion, roasted red pepper aioli

Chef’s hot hors de oeuvres

Wild mushroom Duxelles with gruyere cheese tartlets

Coconut chicken tempura with honied chili glace

Oysters Rockefeller with Pernod scented Hollandaise

Churrasco BBQ pulled beef with Queso fresco in plantain cup

Balsamic blueberry glazed Lamb sirloin on parmesan garlic croustade with fennel slaw

Tonight’s Menu

Bibb, spinach and arugula with halved green grapes, mango, strawberry
and Mandarin oranges, finished with cojito cheese and candied pecans topped
with Tequila lime vinaigrette

Macadamia crusted Halibut fillet, then seared crisp served over Pina colada beurre blanc and Pacific lobster salad, paired with Angus tenderloin mignonette topped with caramelized onion bordelaise both are accented with parmesan crusted crushed red jacket potatoes,

Black Forrest Tart
Chocolate tart shell, filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache, Kirsch Cherries and mascarpone cream
I'm going to A1's place LOL

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Well, I'd like to lie and make up these grandiose plans, but truth is ill most likely be in bed well before the ball drops. ;)

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I love living in a city where fireworks are illegal, and I too will be in bed but long before midnight.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Damn A1, that sounds AMAZING! Never had steak tartare. Everything sounds good.

Beef Newton, our city they are illegal too but people still shoot them, guns too.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
My plans today are easy. I already got my early morning workout in.
Later in the day, my wife’s family is coming by. We aren’t going out anywhere, and I’m loving that, lol!

Should be a quiet night filled with enjoyable food and a good movie.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022

Beef Newton, our city they are illegal too but people still shoot them, guns too.

They do still here, too, but it cuts it down a bit. It was more of a concern when my dog who was terrified of fireworks was around. It got easier as she got older since her hearing really started to go. Storms or fireworks I'd always crank up the stereo with some white noise, which would drown out almost all the noise, too. And I do mean crank... the entire house sounded like it was under a waterfall. But now I just hate them in general because I think about all the other animals and dogs, especially those in shelters. Most people generally don't give a shit, and I generally don't give a shit about most people. Love those dogs, though.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013

You live in a bad area Jipped?

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
They do still here, too, but it cuts it down a bit. It was more of a concern when my dog who was terrified of fireworks was arYeah bud i love my ound. It got easier as she got older since her hearing really started to go. Storms or fireworks I'd always crank up the stereo with some white noise, which would drown out almost all the noise, too. And I do mean crank... the entire house sounded like it was under a waterfall. But now I just hate them in general because I think about all the other animals and dogs, especially those in shelters. Most people generally don't give a shit, and I generally don't give a shit about most people. Love those dogs, though.
Yeah, bud i hear Ya, I love my dog as well.(all dogs) Unfortunately, I live in FLA where fireworks are legal and will be going off all day. My lab/pit mix is petrified of them, hides in the closet, and shakes uncontrollably all fucking day and night. Most my July 4th is sitting in the closet with him and holding his big ass because it gives him some comfort. I hate fucking drugging him but today i will give him a few trazadone throughout the day to help him. It fucking kills me seeing him suffer and have a 24hr panic attack until the shit ends tomorrow morning...

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yeah, bud i hear Ya, I love my dog as well.(all dogs) Unfortunately, I live in FLA where fireworks are legal and will be going off all day. My lab/pit mix is petrified of them, hides in the closet, and shakes uncontrollably all fucking day and night. Most my July 4th is sitting in the closet with him and holding his big ass because it gives him some comfort. I hate fucking drugging him but today i will give him a few trazadone throughout the day to help him. It fucking kills me seeing him suffer and have a 24hr panic attack until the shit ends tomorrow morning...

And the bad thing is it won't just be tonight. People will be lighting them off for weeks. I always felt so helpless with my dog. It didn't really seem to help comforting her. In fact, I wondered a lot of times if I was just reinforcing the response. But I couldn't not do anything. I'd give her Xanax, too, but even heavily sedated it got to where it just didn't seem to help. Never tried Trazadone on her. It's stressful as all hell on dogs that fear it. Just not worth the dazzling lights anymore. I think there's a country that only allows silent fireworks. That'd be cool.

Everything I used to enjoy as a kid had some twisted, unknown-to-me price... especially extracted from my parents. Anyone remember that movie Legend with Tom Cruise? "The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity."

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
And the bad thing is it won't just be tonight. People will be lighting them off for weeks. I always felt so helpless with my dog. It didn't really seem to help comforting her. In fact, I wondered a lot of times if I was just reinforcing the response. But I couldn't not do anything. I'd give her Xanax, too, but even heavily sedated it got to where it just didn't seem to help. Never tried Trazadone on her. It's stressful as all hell on dogs that fear it. Just not worth the dazzling lights anymore. I think there's a country that only allows silent fireworks. That'd be cool.
In addition to how fireworks affect animals...there are lots of humans out there, like me, who have bad PTS (don't say D). Loud unexpected noises are *bad* for some of us....instant flashbacks. I know I'm not the only one here with it as well. It's torture. Gotta use earplugs or earbuds with the TV turned WAY up at midnight, xanax taken at 11PM. Fortunately there is a pretty good storm hitting tonight and that should cut down on things.

This is me with fireworks:
twosacrowd08.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic