Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

New years eve plans?

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Probably an early dinner out somewhere, then home to watch the ball drop on tv and go to bed. I never go out for the new year anymore. Too much crazy out there.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
In addition to how fireworks affect animals...there are lots of humans out there, like me, who have bad PTS (don't say D). Loud unexpected noises are *bad* for some of us....instant flashbacks. I know I'm not the only one here with it as well. It's torture. Gotta use earplugs or earbuds with the TV turned WAY up at midnight, xanax taken at 11PM. Fortunately there is a pretty good storm hitting tonight and that should cut down on things.

This is me with fireworks:
twosacrowd08.jpg
I have actually gotten better. Living 100 yards from the base that is responsible for the DOD demolitions training program has helped. However, when they demo some very large, unexploded ordinance every couple weeks and it knocks the pictures off your walls and you feel it in your chest, it will bring you to another level.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Trained legs this morning.......Check!
cardio..............check!

Board Games with kids.......TBD
Movies.............................TBD
Spaghetti.........................TBD
Junk Food........................TBD
Midnight yet..................TBD

:D

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Okay...spaghetti and garlic bread.......check!

Kids are watching movies with their mother, so i'll probably just kick it on this laptop until midnight, or start watching more episodes of Longmire. Liking this show. I'm on season 2, and i think they made 7.

Been talking to my 87-year-old 2nd cousin over Messenger, lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
You live in a bad area Jipped?
Nope, nice middle class neighborhood. Nothing against my Hispanic bros but they like to shoot guns in the air and shoot fire crackers and such. Just a cultural thing I guess. My town is 35% Hispanic. There are some rent houses where a bunch of people pool their $ and live. That is where the it happens mostly although my knuckle head white neighbors have almost been beaten to a pulp after shooting rockets which were coming down on my roof.

What I do like is my Mexican neighbors (Who do not shoot guns up in the air) cooked a goat last night. I stayed up to eat and drink a few beers with them.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I ended up falling asleep in a food coma around 8PM and slept the whole night. Never heard a single firework. It was glorious.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Okay...spaghetti and garlic bread.......check!

Kids are watching movies with their mother, so i'll probably just kick it on this laptop until midnight, or start watching more episodes of Longmire. Liking this show. I'm on season 2, and i think they made 7.

Been talking to my 87-year-old 2nd cousin over Messenger, lol.
I made Shrimp Scampi.

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
Chef’s tabled hors de oeuvres

Steak Tar tare garnished with diced egg, cracked peppercorns and Bermuda onion
Served with cocktail Rye

Artisan cheese and bread board featuring derby sage, cranberry Wensleydale
and Comte brie

Seafood cocktail bar with smoked mussels, scallops, shrimp, and Blue Point oysters

Shoreline Smoke house, smoked salmon, peppered smoked trout, pastrami lox and grav lox
With capers, minced onion, roasted red pepper aioli

Chef’s hot hors de oeuvres

Wild mushroom Duxelles with gruyere cheese tartlets

Coconut chicken tempura with honied chili glace

Oysters Rockefeller with Pernod scented Hollandaise

Churrasco BBQ pulled beef with Queso fresco in plantain cup

Balsamic blueberry glazed Lamb sirloin on parmesan garlic croustade with fennel slaw

Tonight’s Menu

Bibb, spinach and arugula with halved green grapes, mango, strawberry
and Mandarin oranges, finished with cojito cheese and candied pecans topped
with Tequila lime vinaigrette

Macadamia crusted Halibut fillet, then seared crisp served over Pina colada beurre blanc and Pacific lobster salad, paired with Angus tenderloin mignonette topped with caramelized onion bordelaise both are accented with parmesan crusted crushed red jacket potatoes,

Black Forrest Tart
Chocolate tart shell, filled with bittersweet chocolate ganache, Kirsch Cherries and mascarpone cream
My God man, I'd kill to eat that kinda food....

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Nope, nice middle class neighborhood. Nothing against my Hispanic bros but they like to shoot guns in the air and shoot fire crackers and such. Just a cultural thing I guess. My town is 35% Hispanic. There are some rent houses where a bunch of people pool their $ and live. That is where the it happens mostly although my knuckle head white neighbors have almost been beaten to a pulp after shooting rockets which were coming down on my roof.

What I do like is my Mexican neighbors (Who do not shoot guns up in the air) cooked a goat last night. I stayed up to eat and drink a few beers with them.
Totally cultural, probably same mix in my neighborhood.

I am padrino (Godfather) to one of our main worker's sons (now 4), so we get invited to and go to every party. My god....always a bounce house for the kids, DJ with video screens, LOUD banda music, tent, tables, fantastic food and plenty to drink. We're always welcomed with open arms by everyone, some of whom don't speak a lick of English. Mexicans know how to party better than gringos for sure.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011

My town is like 80+% Hispanic. Hence the gun shots from my prior message. It wasn't as bad this year though, probably because it was raining.

Most of my neighbors are good people. The only thing I dislike is when they blast their music, usually some sort of banda where the singer sounds like he got kicked in the nuts and says the same thing over and over, to like 2-5am in the morning at full blast where I can't even hear my TV without the volume on full blast, or the walls shaking. The partying, drinking, food, i'm fine with. The best are the old-school grandmothers....assuming they are not racist because some are, and they will take care of you to no end. It's the newer generation of kids where they feel like they need to be in a gang to receive any respect....bunch of 140# wienies with snarky mouths.

Yum....Latinas with nice tits and a fat ass bouncing on ya....:p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic