Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

New years eve plans?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
We normally order out some sushi, sit around and watch TV, I will enjoy a nice scotch or two and fall asleep by 10:30.

Anyone still go to parties?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Movie at the theater in the afternoon. I might grill out some steaks at home. Shrimp cocktail or something later on while watching something on Netflix with cocktails. May or may not stay up until midnight.

I love bars but New Years Eve I avoid them because all the amateurs come out.

I could see day drinking New Years Day since I'm off Monday. Catch some football.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Dinner somewhere & go home. I’m sure we will have some cocktails at home but like someone else said, I avoid amateur night.

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
I am gonna be working probably. So I guess I'm gonna just call home and talk with my daughter and her mother. I don't usually socialize to much lol.
I work off-shore so just eating what they cook up I guess.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Chill at home, those days are long gone.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I may go up to the local sports bar and have a burger, but not because of NYE. They just have damn good burgers. I'll get there around 6PM and be long gone and in bed asleep before the NYE crowd masses. Could not care less about the year ticking over to the next number in sequence. Big whoop.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Haha my days of parties on NYE are in the past! Just making some food, relaxing, and having some Scotch.

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
Haha my days of parties on NYE are in the past! Just making some food, relaxing, and having some Scotch.
Yep. I remember when I was in my late teens and early 20s revolved around the weekend and finding parties lol. Now I'm a home body and would rather drink my beer in peace with some buddies or just watching TV.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
For us older guys where saying out until midnight or later is a rarity or an impossibility....find an English Pub. They usually celebrate twice. Once at midnight London time (that's 4PM PST), again at midnight local. We have one within walking distance, and it is PACKED (like can't even move packed) at 4PM with older people, mostly locals from the neighborhood, with lots of drunken fun. Sometimes we'd move the party back to our house afterwards, get some sobering food (pizza) while continuing to drink....and then everyone is gone and safely home by 8-9PM.

Younger crowd takes over for the local midnight celebration.

NYE is amateur night and not a good night to be out driving.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I'm sure my old lady will drag my ass out somewhere, but I'd rather sit at home and watch college football playoffs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic