Members
Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Creatine

T

Tiberius710

Nov 13, 2022
I have liver and kidney issues. I cannot take creatine. I can take certain amino acids. Is there anything out there that is as beneficial as creatine.TY

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I have liver and kidney issues. I cannot take creatine. I can take certain amino acids. Is there anything out there that is as beneficial as creatine.TY

I’m not sure if there is anything else that works at the cellular level the way creatine does. It’s an incredible product. What reason did your do. Say not to take creatine? There may be some other supplements that will help with muscle stamina but not lending a phosphate to ADP to create more ATP like creatine. Can you use agmatine, citruline, and or arginine? I would definitely suggest something that is going to help increase your nitric oxide production and vasodilation for your workouts, if you are able to ingest those. They can certainly help but in a different way. You should still receive some muscle stamina from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
This is the stim free pre workout I use. I think it could be beneficial to you, or something similar.

cf88f16e64388147751077d6c3d48add.jpg

387fcffe70ebd65d211102305bf21260.jpg

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Creatine is not bad for your kidneys. It just increases your creatinine levels in blood. Many of us bodybuilders have high creatinine because of the high protien diet and our constant breakdown of muscle tissue during training. Ask your Dr for a CystatinC test. It’s more accurate for us bodybuilders for determining kidney function. My creatinine was 1.6 and gfr at 56. I stopped taking creatine and didn’t work out for 5 days before next test. I took a bunch of astragalus, made sure I was well hydrated and my next test it was 1.08 creatinine and an 85 gfr. Kidneys don’t repair themselves. I got a cystatin C test for first time also and I was in normal range. I’m back on the creatine.
you know my liver enzymes were high also a year ago. Had been elevated slightly for years. You know how I fixed it? I did a cut and got to below 10% bodyfat to get rid of visceral fat and fatty liver. It may have had something to do with my kidney values being better also. Just sounds very similar to what I was dealing with. I took a bunch of supplements for that as well. My liver enzymes are now in the 30s. My cholesterol is better now too. Citrus Bergamot(Bergamonte) and Berberine helped a lot.

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
You are getting creatine by simply eating meat. I am not a doctor but I can't think of any medical reason that would prevent someone from being able to have creatine unless you are a subhuman vegan.

T

Tiberius710

Nov 13, 2022
Creatine is not bad for your kidneys. It just increases your creatinine levels in blood. Many of us bodybuilders have high creatinine because of the high protien diet and our constant breakdown of muscle tissue during training. Ask your Dr for a CystatinC test. It’s more accurate for us bodybuilders for determining kidney function. My creatinine was 1.6 and gfr at 56. I stopped taking creatine and didn’t work out for 5 days before next test. I took a bunch of astragalus, made sure I was well hydrated and my next test it was 1.08 creatinine and an 85 gfr. Kidneys don’t repair themselves. I got a cystatin C test for first time also and I was in normal range. I’m back on the creatine.
you know my liver enzymes were high also a year ago. Had been elevated slightly for years. You know how I fixed it? I did a cut and got to below 10% bodyfat to get rid of visceral fat and fatty liver. It may have had something to do with my kidney values being better also. Just sounds very similar to what I was dealing with. I took a bunch of supplements for that as well. My liver enzymes are now in the 30s. My cholesterol is better now too. Citrus Bergamot(Bergamonte) and Berberine helped a lot.
I have stage 3 kidney disease so creatinine is always an issue

T

Tiberius710

Nov 13, 2022
Thank you so much. It is nice to hear someone that knows my struggles. I have stage four cirrhosis and stage 3 kidney disease. I ended up on life support in 2018...

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
A 56gfr is stage three also. So was I supposedly! I’m telling you you’re not as bad as u think and doctors will give you a scare because they are not sports Drs. Find a Dr that specializes in sport medicine. Do you have a lot of extra body mass? Muscle mass? Or at least more than average? Have you ever noticed on your bloodwork they give two numbers for eGFR (e is for estimated btw)? One for African Americans and one for everyone else? It’s because they hold more muscle mass and if u put your number in their equation you’re at a better eGFR. Check out this calculator I found that puts your body mass into the equation. It changed my gfr to over 100 from 85 when it accounted for my body mass. Primary care physicians don’t know shit about kidneys and most should not be practicing medicine imo! Here’s that calculator. Enter your info from last bloodwork and see if you’re still stage 3! https://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/gfr_calculator

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Thank you so much. It is nice to hear someone that knows my struggles. I have stage four cirrhosis and stage 3 kidney disease. I ended up on life support in 2018...
You would be surprised how many of us have kidney issues here. As we get older and have more muscle mass and eat high amounts of protein it makes Drs freek out. Now the liver disease sounds like a lot worse than my issue. Liver can repair itself however and I’m curious what happened to land you in the hospital if you don’t mind saying? Alcohol addiction maybe? I am an addict myself.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Astragalus is an amazing supplement for kidneys. You can take between 2000mg and 6000mg per day. And it’s cheap. I use vitamin shop brand I order from Amazon. I do think it helped my creatinine numbers. I only took 2000mg a day but I would suggest 3000mg a day. Divided into two or three doses a day. See if it helps. I haven’t had or heard of any adverse effects from taking it.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
If you’re overweight I would add Berberine with Ceylon cinnamon. I like NutriVein brand. Take 2 caps twice a day. But ask your Dr if your type two diabetic and on any medication for blood sugar. Some good liver supplements I would highly recommend are phophatidyl choline, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, silymarin milk thistle and tucda! Another one that I think helped for liver and kidneys was DL-Methionine. Do some research and decide for yourself.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Great feedback kluso

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic