Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Bidens Student Loan Forgiveness (Thoughts?)

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You make a good point TB. I do agree with that. Get politics out of the military, and keep the military for DEFENSE. But... IF you want to be foolish and use the military, at least go into those places and take their stuff!!!

I thought it was so funny when Bush was accused for going into Iraq for their oil. Well, if that was his goal, he sucked! LOL We should have cordoned off their oil fields, sold the commodity, and stuck the cash into our coffers!

Same thing with Afghanistan. The place is a complete hell-hole, but at least they've got some decent natural resources. Did we take any? No. What a bunch of dip shits we are....
I did 3 deployments to Iraq and 3 deployments to Afghanistan as an Infantry Marine. There are a lot of reasons we didn't do this, but I will stay in my lane with my answer. It would have taken a couple hundred thousand additional service members to be permanently stationed in those countries to be able to hold the infrastructure to extract those resources. They would have been easy targets and taken casualties daily.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I remember being a young airman sitting in a room with all the other enlistees. An officer came in to talk to us and ask us some questions. One of the questions was "why did you really join the service?" The officer told us that "officially" we're here to serve to country. He actually did the little air quotes thing with his fingers. But he was interested in the real reasons for his own internal poll taking which would remain anonymous. The answer was nearly unanimous. We all joined for the GI Bill. All of us were just working class kids from all over. My friend Kevin from a failing Kentucky coal town. My friends from the Bronx, from Texas and Kansas. This was our shot at college.

Even as an 18 year kid this seemed fucked up to me. My way to a better life for me and my daughter (I was already a father at 18) was to agree to become a government paid murderer of people in other lands. A killer.

It's a perverse incentive if there ever was one. It's an incentive that the military loves. An almost endless supply of young men to carry guns, drop bombs and exterminate innocent civilians in other lands because it's their best shot at a better life for themselves and their loved ones.

Fuck America. Fuck the military. Fuck republicans. Fuck democrats. Fuck the entire shit system. Piss on the flag.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
True Boner and I don't agree with all the shit nor did I ever agree with all the shit, some of it I did agree with and had a unique perspective on some events as well.
The "benefits" in my contract were well paid for by ME in blood and broken bones and a blown up skull and face so YES it came from tax dollars but again why keep fucking the dog if it bites you once?
Why would you possibly think these assholes deserve a free anything?
You earned your way and paid your dues let them and as Twitch was stating "we would love and should have a well educated population" or something close to that,( which I agree with BTW) these idiots in college the past 10 years don't no anything and refuse to learn so that argument does not fly.
Anyway I have to be done with any of these whacko Political threads cuz they can fuck up the program, I never had a problem with Twitch before and don't need Bidens bullshit to fuck up my enjoyment on the boards.
TB we have known each other a VERY long time and I do respect your thoughts and opinions, I believe mine and all of ours should be as well.
Cheers
SOME join the military with genuine noble intentions (whether those are rational and/or truly useful is open to endless debate). Others, perhaps a majority, join because they don’t see any better option; join for family and country traditions; join for loan benefits, career training, college tuition etc.

After Vietnam, conscription hasn’t been in effect, so joining is volitional and because of that, whatever happens good or bad is an informed consent CHOICE (“play stupid games win stupid prizes”) — Bad things happen frequently in such an endeavor.

As for college and loans for attendance, there are differing motives by numerous catagories of people who choose it as a path as well. Some are noble and well intentioned and reasoned as with military, and others attendance is for alternative reasons just like military enlistees. I don’t view today’s military more useful nor noble (in fact less so overall) than college attendance, so I see no distinction as to one category “deserving” tuition coverage by tax payers over the other. IF both “need” to exist, and taxation is going to continue, then both ought to be covered — just as they are in most the rest of the world.

And agreed, “our thoughts and opinions” ought to be equally regarded / respected, just like Freedom — if we want it / expect it, then we have to equally grant / extend it, and we’re generally VERY one dimensional about it.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I remember being a young airman sitting in a room with all the other enlistees. An officer came in to talk to us and ask us some questions. One of the questions was "why did you really join the service?" The officer told us that "officially" we're here to serve to country. He actually did the little air quotes thing with his fingers. But he was interested in the real reasons for his own internal poll taking which would remain anonymous. The answer was nearly unanimous. We all joined for the GI Bill. All of us were just working class kids from all over. My friend Kevin from a failing Kentucky coal town. My friends from the Bronx, from Texas and Kansas. This was our shot at college.

Even as an 18 year kid this seemed fucked up to me. My way to a better life for me and my daughter (I was already a father at 18) was to agree to become a government paid murderer of people in other lands. A killer.

It's a perverse incentive if there ever was one. It's an incentive that the military loves. An almost endless supply of young men to carry guns, drop bombs and exterminate innocent civilians in other lands because it's their best shot at a better life for themselves and their loved ones.

Fuck America. Fuck the military. Fuck republicans. Fuck democrats. Fuck the entire shit system. Piss on the flag.
Well that is certainly not why I joined nor how I see it and my guess is most of the guys you served with likely don't say
"Fuck America and Piss on the flag" nor did I myself ever become an "exterminator of innocent civilians in other lands"
Wierd unit you must have ran with......LOL

I am tremendously disappointed with our Govt right now I still believe in the idea of America and If I see anyone pissing on the flag I likely will be in another legal situation.
Hahah All this because these pissants don't want to pay their fucking bills .........................sheesh.
Carry one Gents I am done with this.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Well that is certainly not why I joined nor how I see it and my guess is most of the guys you served with likely don't say
"Fuck America and Piss on the flag" nor did I myself ever become an "exterminator of innocent civilians in other lands"

I am tremendously disappointed with our Govt right now I still believe in the idea of America and If I see anyone pissing on the flag I likely will be in another legal situation.
Hahah All this because these pissants don't want to pay their fucking bills .........................sheesh.

Speaking of rants.

I may just take a shit on the flag in front of you.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

I recruited almost 100 Marines when I was on recruiting duty. They are required to select 3 reasons they chose to join the Marine Corps when they come into the recruiting office for an interview. Not one of them ever selected Education Benefits as a reason.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
LOL please do..........

Sheesh. Flag worshipping right-wing-woke guys. Just like the left woke people. But with their own right wing over sensitiveness to meaningless acts and words. You're as bad as the left-woke pansies. Must hurt your feelings to have somebody insult your meaningless ugly magic red, white and blue worthless rag.

K

Kickback

Sep 14, 2022
I don’t need Biden to forgive nothing. The good lord gives forgiveness. Them demon rats are of the Devil himself.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I don’t need Biden to forgive nothing. The good lord gives forgiveness. Them demon rats are of the Devil himself.

Another person with an invisible wizard buddy?

Jesus fucking Christ.

K

Kickback

Sep 14, 2022
Another person with an invisible wizard buddy?

Jesus fucking Christ.
Brother I respect and don’t want to invalidate your feelings or opinions but I have to say that’s impossible because the good lord doesn’t masturbate

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic