Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

The psychological effects. (a weird question)

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
So I've recently found a fascination with a couple compounds that I learned about and I was wondering if any one had any scientific knowledge regarding their effects on the brain. The main one that has caught my attention was tren. Does anyone know what the mechanism behinds its "confidence boost" is? I've been searching for information on what about it causes this and if there is any other compounds that are more easily attained that provide the same effect. Not that I'm opposed to its use, its just not something I can aquire so easily.. I thought maybe it was from the extra test in the blood stream but I've experienced that in surplus and it didn't make me feel 10ft tall and bullet proof like most people claim with their stories. I understand that it comes with other negative effects like paranoia but it seems like that comes along after prolonged exposure to high doses.. For the longest time I figured personality traits like big egos, neurotic shyness, introvert/extrovert and so on were just something you were stuck with by genetics or behavioral survival adaptations. But the more I read, the more I'm realizing that almost every element of the human body/mind is just a chemical reaction. There was another one that I read about that a lot of people claim a "sense of well-being" but I don't remember what it was called off the top of my head. Any insights?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
There are a number of psychological effects of androgens. Different compounds have different effects and it varies from compound to compound and their metabolites. In general oxandrolone is a feel good compound (feeling of well being), tren (yup divorce in a bottle), Mast (libido enhancer), nandrolone alone usually not good bc of DHN conversion. All are neurotoxic depending on dose, 19 nors in particular. In general within reasonable dosing (clinical to maybe 2 - 3x that) the effects are positive. Still it varies depending on the individual. Some guys/women feel great on X and others like shit. Lots of peer reviewed lit on the subject do a search.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Compounds that make me feel great:

1) Test
2) NPP
3) Dbol
4) EQ
5) Proviron
6) Winny (in small doses)

Compounds that makes me feel like dog shit:

1) Anadrol
2) Halo

I wont even try tren because I carry a gun daily and already have a short temper and a high degree of training (bad combo)

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
There are a number of psychological effects of androgens. Different compounds have different effects and it varies from compound to compound and their metabolites. In general oxandrolone is a feel good compound (feeling of well being), tren (yup divorce in a bottle), Mast (libido enhancer), nandrolone alone usually not good bc of DHN conversion. All are neurotoxic depending on dose, 19 nors in particular. In general within reasonable dosing (clinical to maybe 2 - 3x that) the effects are positive. Still it varies depending on the individual. Some guys/women feel great on X and others like shit. Lots of peer reviewed lit on the subject do a search.
I see so much therapeutic value to these at clinical dosages. I understand that neurotoxicity is a risk, but that risk comes with anything that mods brain chemistry. I know the medical world has a reason to value SSRI's and such to combat mental glitches but gaining 50lbs of inter-abdominal fat just to 'feel a little better' seems just as unhealthy as running androgens, if not worse. I'm going to keep digging around. Most of the studies I'm finding are primarily on test. Can't seem to get a clear answer if it is the androgen itself that does this, or like you said, the metabolites.

random rant: it blows my mind that you can go into any convenient store in the US and buy enough alcohol to destroy yourself in one sitting and enough weed to put you into a minicoma but getting your hands on these compounds is a no-no? It seems like our society values passive intoxication over strength and determination. It's infuriating and a little sad.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I see so much therapeutic value to these at clinical dosages. I understand that neurotoxicity is a risk, but that risk comes with anything that mods brain chemistry. I know the medical world has a reason to value SSRI's and such to combat mental glitches but gaining 50lbs of inter-abdominal fat just to 'feel a little better' seems just as unhealthy as running androgens, if not worse. I'm going to keep digging around. Most of the studies I'm finding are primarily on test. Can't seem to get a clear answer if it is the androgen itself that does this, or like you said, the metabolites.

random rant: it blows my mind that you can go into any convenient store in the US and buy enough alcohol to destroy yourself in one sitting and enough weed to put you into a minicoma but getting your hands on these compounds is a no-no? It seems like our society values passive intoxication over strength and determination. It's infuriating and a little sad.
This ^^^^^^ 113%

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Tren is also known as divorce in a vial. M

Test is the least neurotoxic (in moderate dosing) probably because we produce it naturally, but also that the metabolites (DHT, E2 and many others) serve functions in the body that are protective. The synthetics do not or produce metabolites that are more toxic, or increase ROS. The base should always be Test without Ai or 5ARi's to the point where you start to experience E2 or DHT related sides, then add in what else makes you feel better in reasonable dosing that doesn't add to those sides, and limit the C-17 orals, esp the ones that aromatize and produce 17 methylated E2. E2 is what drives aggression, not testosterone per se. The other compound that should be included with HRT or a cycle is HCG that mimics LH. LH isn't around just to increase testosterone, it also regulates other hormones and metabolites. One reason some guys on HRT feel better when they run a low dose of HCG with it.

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
Test is the least neurotoxic (in moderate dosing) probably because we produce it naturally, but also that the metabolites (DHT, E2 and many others) serve functions in the body that are protective. The synthetics do not or produce metabolites that are more toxic, or increase ROS. The base should always be Test without Ai or 5ARi's to the point where you start to experience E2 or DHT related sides, then add in what else makes you feel better in reasonable dosing that doesn't add to those sides, and limit the C-17 orals, esp the ones that aromatize and produce 17 methylated E2. E2 is what drives aggression, not testosterone per se. The other compound that should be included with HRT or a cycle is HCG that mimics LH. LH isn't around just to increase testosterone, it also regulates other hormones and metabolites. One reason some guys on HRT feel better when they run a low dose of HCG with it.
Does HRT crash biological LH? I ask this because my brain was cranking out like 3x the normal LH before HRT. I'm not sure if that is a result of other substances I use to mod or my brain is just wired differently. One of my personal concerns with all this biochem tinkering is the "what if I have to stop abruptly?". I mean I've come off of highly addictive brain modding chemicals before and it was like a year of feeling like I was going to lose my mind so I'm prepared for the worst. Also what you said about the E2 has me scratching my head too.. I wonder if the confidence effect is just a "balanced version" of the E2 effects and aggression is just that at an extreme? I have a fear of orals. Read too many bad things. Seems like pinning is all around less harmful. Gonna look for info on 17mE2 vs Biological E2. Havent found very clear "this is why they are different" info yet.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If you stay within a reasonable dose range, gear can change the way you perceive yourself. If you look better, you tend to feel better. The problem is that if you buy into this too much, once off the gear, you think less of yourself.

I never had an issue with any gear causing mood swings or rage. Hell I don't see much of a bump in my sex drive either. I do think for some people, Tren is like booze; just makes you more of what you are.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Does HRT crash biological LH? I ask this because my brain was cranking out like 3x the normal LH before HRT. I'm not sure if that is a result of other substances I use to mod or my brain is just wired differently. One of my personal concerns with all this biochem tinkering is the "what if I have to stop abruptly?". I mean I've come off of highly addictive brain modding chemicals before and it was like a year of feeling like I was going to lose my mind so I'm prepared for the worst. Also what you said about the E2 has me scratching my head too.. I wonder if the confidence effect is just a "balanced version" of the E2 effects and aggression is just that at an extreme? I have a fear of orals. Read too many bad things. Seems like pinning is all around less harmful. Gonna look for info on 17mE2 vs Biological E2. Havent found very clear "this is why they are different" info yet
Yes HRT shuts down LH. All androgens/estrogens and SARMs will shut down LH and in pretty low doses. IMO, if you have concerns about biochemical tinkering, you shouldn't be tinkering and if you don't know how to taper off and use PCT, or be prepared to take T the rest of you life, you shouldn't be taking anything. This is how people get into trouble with these compounds.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Great thread and responses so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

FlimsyLimbs

Aug 11, 2022
Yes HRT shuts down LH. All androgens/estrogens and SARMs will shut down LH and in pretty low doses. IMO, if you have concerns about biochemical tinkering, you shouldn't be tinkering and if you don't know how to taper off and use PCT, or be prepared to take T the rest of you life, you shouldn't be taking anything. This is how people get into trouble with these compounds.
I have already come to terms with life long hrt. I have damaged parts. I almost want to do a round of pct just to see how I cope with it as a "just in case". Most of my curiosity about this is 50% quality of life, 25% medical necessity 25% get bigger and stronger. I'm trying to be smart about all of this and do all the research I can before I start putting anything into my system.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic