Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Prostate biopsy

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Whats good TID. Its been awhile since I've shared anything on the the Den. I would like to hear input/feedback . Has anyone ever had their prostate removed? Reason I ask this is because I just had a prostate biopsy done and they found cancer. Stage 1 Andenocarcinoma . Dr. says i have 3 options. Wait to see if it grows, Radiation or remove the prostate. Man, I've read some side effects that come from a prostatectomy. Some scary shit! I have to make a decision. And so I came here to see what other men have to say . Thank u in advance. May everyone have a blessed 2022.

Taino

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I had a friend (61) go thru it just fine!...He was extremely positive going in....He's like that tho, (positive)...

Another option, I was just YESTERDAY talking with a friend of mine, and he was telling me about another friend of his, who had this issue as well...He chose to go the "nature" route of fighting it...BOTH survived the dilemma with flying colors!!!...I wish u the best, friend!!!...

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
My former father-in-law had radioactive "seeds" implanted in his prostate when he was diagnosed. I think it worked?

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
I want to seriously thank you all for your input. My next appointment is with the Radiation dept , I believe we will be discussing my options concerning radiation and I will ask them about those seeds. Ive never heard of anything like that. My urologist tells me to take my time and make the best decision. Wifey thinks that a prostatectomy removes the threat. I agree with her but man , those side effects scare me . Not being able to orgasm or not being able to get an erection is unthinkable at least to me it is. But arent those side effects the same for radiation ??

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Taino, thank you for this thread. With TID's membership trending toward somewhere over 40yo, it could, maybe should, attract some replies for you, and some food-for-thought for many of us.

What got you as far as a Biopsy in the first place? Was it a suspicious DRE or worrisome PSA numbers from a routine health check, or did symptoms you reported then lead to those two tests to further the diagnosis/treatment plan?

If ... or when, my doctor gives me the "here are your options, which do you want" speech ... and if he casually throws around words like "recovery rate," I will want to know what levels of recovery he is predicting for each proposed treatment as to "good as new," or "somewhat different," or "very different."

Maybe you, I, and others can all learn from this thread ... thanks again.

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Rawdeal, I got tested to find out why I was losing weight. Even though I knew I had problems eating healthy due to work stress and family problems . I wasnt taking care of myself. Eating maybe a meal a day. My wife said I should go get a checkup . My PSA came back 11 . So the doctor did more bloods tests and asked me about my family medical history. She says I should get a biopsy . My grandfather and my dad both had problems with their prostate. The biopsy was done two weeks ago. Im still urinating blood. So this is all very scary to me , Ive never had to deal with this kind of stuff. So my next step is to discuss the different treatments with the doctors. I was told to research and ask questions . So on my appointment I will ask about the radiation seeds that were mentioned here. thank you all for replying . I have to work at 4pm Est. I will be checking back in on my breaks . Be safe out there tonight peoples!

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
could be your weight loss has nothing to do with the prostate. A PSA of 11 isn't horrible...lots of guys have worse and no cancer. My dad has been battling PC for about a decade now and to be honest the most debilitating part of it is the androgen deprivation "treatment" all these docs prescribe. It's completely decimated him physically and mentally...he struggles with severely low T every day. How can these shit-show clown docs deprive someone of the very raw ingredients required for healing???

I'd highly recommend watching these videos to widen your perspective. From what ive seen the data from the last 10yrs completely conflicts with the previous 50yrs of data which was pretty much based off a study of 3 men for 2 weeks.

Either way I wish you the best of luck.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn dude, I hate to hear that shit. I had jokes until I got to the cancer part. Sounds like some serious shit.

I have no experience but wish you the best bub.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Whats good TID. Its been awhile since I've shared anything on the the Den. I would like to hear input/feedback . Has anyone ever had their prostate removed? Reason I ask this is because I just had a prostate biopsy done and they found cancer. Stage 1 Andenocarcinoma . Dr. says i have 3 options. Wait to see if it grows, Radiation or remove the prostate. Man, I've read some side effects that come from a prostatectomy. Some scary shit! I have to make a decision. And so I came here to see what other men have to say . Thank u in advance. May everyone have a blessed 2022.

Taino
What grade is the cancer? What is the Gleason score? What is the TNM staging? What type of biopsy was it? Standard US or fusion (US/MRI)? Did you have an mp (multiparametric)-MRI before they did the biopsy? Did they do genomic testing on the biopsied sample to determine how aggressive the cancer may be going forward? The most important part of this is making sure you have a doctor and clinic that knows their shit and is up to date on cutting edge treatments. Testosterone doesn't cause prostate cancer nor does it cause it to grow exponentially. Once you have a testosterone level of 250 ish, further increases have minimal effects, only ADT will cause regression, often temporarily. In fact there are biopolar treatments (one 400 mg shot of TC a month that can control metastatic PCa in a number of men). There are also laser treatments that depending on the lesion size, grade/score, etc. where they can simply ablate the cancer and do no further damage. https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/cancer/types-treatments/prostate-cancer/treatment/focal-therapy I believe there is a doc at the Cleveland Clinic that is doing this as well. Do your homework, your future quality of life depends on it, this isn't the 1970's, make sure your doc isn't still living there or they are simply a cancer treatment factory where they do what is best for them.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Man I hate this for you. However, you are stage 1, and that prostate cancer is very slow growing and doesn’t cause many issues. Many men die of old age before they pass from this cancer. That said. Really look at your options. Get multiple opinions. If you get it removed, find the best surgeon that does robotic and that doesn’t cut the nerve which is what causes the issues. If it were me, I would just wait and monitor. Let us know how everything goes!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I pray that you find recovery brother. I’ve had the biopsy (psa 10) but no cancer. My prostate is enlarged so that’s always an issue for me. I’d stay away from the surgery unless I was past my late 60s. Just me. I would explore the options already posted. Seek the Lord for some direction and healing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic