Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Questions and Comments: COVID-19: WHAT I SEE.....

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
If hospitals are short on masks then why are they available at Walmart online? I bought a box of 50 for $47 total and they were delivered 3 days later. When I bought them I kept expecting the site to say they are out of order, or your delivery will be delayed until 2021.

Attachments

• masks.jpg
    masks.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 235
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
If hospitals are short on masks then why are they available at Walmart online? I bought a box of 50 for $47 total and they were delivered 3 days later. When I bought them I kept expecting the site to say they are out of order, or your delivery will be delayed until 2021.
those are surgical masks not N95 or N100. They are not protecting you from droplets and aerosols.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
They will help protect you from casual contact on the street but they are useless for me who is entering a room with a known positive patient.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What are your thoughts on the position that all this stay home and shelter in place is ultimately wrecking our immune system? My concern is that people are going to head back out into the world and be like a 4-year-old starting pre-school for the first time and catch everything going around.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
What are your thoughts on the position that all this stay home and shelter in place is ultimately wrecking our immune system? My concern is that people are going to head back out into the world and be like a 4-year-old starting pre-school for the first time and catch everything going around.
That's a very good question! Lot of different schools of thought on that. Without a vaccine, one would say those who quarantined are very susceptible in contrast to someone who is exposed, but I think there are so many variables to this virus. I don't think its cut and dry. At first, they said it mainly affected those over 65 y/o and those with pre-existing conditions like: asthma, hypertension and etc. Although, you're now hearing more twenty somethings that are having little or no symptoms, but having cardiac events. It's very strange.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
There's some reality to that. I don't know if 5-6wks would be enough to "lose" active immunity but it might be if you were hermetically sealed inside. If one or more family members are leaving the house for work, food, etc...then they are still being exposed and bringing that "inoculation" home to family who are not. If your kids or you are playing outside (even in your backyard) you are being bombarded by bacteria and viruses so I'd say the danger of becoming "immunosuppressed" by isolation is close to zero.

Astronauts in space maybe. You in a house with a kitchen, a trash can and pets...highly improbable.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Excellent thread... thank you guys for sharing your information and knowledge.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
I came up sick Saturday afternoon with a 101-102 fever and body aches. That's my only symptoms so far but I have a covid rapid test scheduled for noon today. Fever goes down with ibuprofen or tylenol to around 99.5. Definitely sick but I had my kids all weekend and was around my parents both in their 70s so I'm terrified for them. The fever hit me out of no where.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic