jacobss
What's New?

Anavar - No Longer Than 8 Wks

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
No, its not the question of how long LOL.

So....i've done cycles of var before. I've done an 8 week, 10 week and 12 week cycles before no problems.

Background: So i'm currently 11 weeks out from a competition (WPD masters), and I have been following my coaches advise all along and he has been spot on. I want to continue to follow as well.
The problem is that i'm sooooo afraid to lose the muscle i have worked so hard for, because i'm leaning out. And i understand that the var will help retain some of the hard earned muscle and help with endurance also when my eating gets curbed even further to lean out.
My coach has said a couple of times that he recommends no longer than 8 weeks cycle on var as anything past that doesn't really help women any further. I'm a little partial to not agree with him here, afterall he has been in this biz far longer than i have. I don't think he implied that longer than that was detrimental at all. I think he just said it is useless for women to do more.

Wondering what TID'ers have to say about this. as a topic....of discussion......

Thanks!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I know figure girls that use var year round, but as POB stated, listen to your coach.....

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
ive known a few that have taken it year round
just have to watch liver and LH supression -----and that means drop of estrogen
and be ready for voice change and vert

get blood work and compare

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Everyone’s body is different, and your coach making that statement about “Var is useless for a woman if used for over 8 weeks” is incorrect.

I recommend you inquire further what he meant by that.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Thanks all for your replies. As I stated, i've done longer runs of var before. Not exactly sure of my coaches reasoning behind his comments, but i'll find out. I've hired him and paid him money for a reason, and he has gotten me this far. I plan to continue to listen to him. But as with everyone, I have some doubts and sometimes like to bounce stuff off from people (this is where you all come in).
I'll post back here if I get further clarification. I should state that this is the first time he is coaching me. So he is new to me and my body and how it is reacting to the changes he is incorporating.

Thanks again all.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
He is off track is he believes it is "useless" after 8 weeks to broad of a statement ask what he means by that before we all start ripping on him..lol

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
if ur gonna go 8 wks then make sure week 8 is the week prior to ur contest unless ur getting tested. u could def go with primo for 12-16 wks. most people get the majority of there gains in the first 6 wks of a cycle. I think gains still come after that just slower and at some point the benefit is keeping what you've gained. a lot more to this issue if u have a month of sundays..............

P

Pillowtalk

Nov 4, 2014
I’m in my 50’s have experimented with peds off and on the past 10 years. I did my own self experiment and got baseline bloodwork after being OFF for a few years. Then I restested bloodwork after taking Var about 7 months, low dose. My bloodwork changed for the worse, dramatically. My LDL bad cholesterol skyrocketed and my HDL good cholesterol tanked! There were other red flags, as well. Hard on kidneys and liver, too.....I think orals are worse for us than people lead us to believe. The only way to find out is to get some bloodwork to see what they are doing to your insides. And also check your blood pressure, which also rises....you can order your own bloodwork online without seeing a doctor, btw. I know we all fear losing gains while going OFF and it is a real mind fuck, but I’m to the point now that my health is more important than my looks. I don’t want to be on dialysis soon. Point being——-check your blood. You will see the true affects on your system.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Pillowtalk, you are correct that var will negatively affect the HDL/LDL, but the effect on the cholesterol is not permanent. If you stop taking the var, your numbers will come back to normal relatively quickly. That's why people typically will advise running var on an X weeks on/X weeks off basis. You ran the var for 7 months, which is a might long time. Next time, I'd recommend you run it for 6-8 weeks, then come off for 8 weeks, and then do your bloodwork.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic