Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

T/E ratio test question

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
question, the T/E test is designed to detect exogenous test by measuring the ratio of testosterone to epitest correct?
A TRT dose of 100-200mg per week would likely skew this?
Would it matter if the dose is increased eg someone supplementing his prescribed dose?

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
1st question - correct, when I was in college the ratio had to test less than 6:1 to pass....that was over a decade ago though not sure if things have changed

2nd- probably

3rd-yes it will definitely make the ratio higher. Some guys used to actually inject epitest to try to keep ratio in range

Why do you ask?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
So, my friend's employer does drug testing that includes various AAS and a T/E ratio for testosterone. Testosterone is acceptable if the subject has a valid medical prescription. So, friend is going to clinic that provides cyp injection weekly but feels this is inadequate and wants to supplement.
So ratio is going to be off already from "legit" test. The question is will the the ratio be thrown more where it will be obvious that he is supplementing?
I do not know the answer so figured I would ask here.

He has a list of other specific AAS that are tested for, there's plenty that aren't on the list. I figured that any of them would mess up the ratio and/or that other progrest bases would possibly test positive for nandrolone.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Interesting that his employer is actually testing for those things.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Is your friend going to be a LEO or something? I've never heard of any other normal job testing for AAS.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I thought the T/E ratio test was not accurate years ago because some ethnic groups like Asians have different ratios than Caucasians. I read this like 10 years ago. Can anyone corroborate?

I quickly found this but the original article I read was definitely ratio based.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/30/sports/30doping.html

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Is your friend going to be a LEO or something? I've never heard of any other normal job testing for AAS.

He is a fireman. Apparently there was some sort of scandal several years ago with like half the department getting juice from one guy. He is on semi legit trt like I said. (IMO, he goes to one of those clinics that gives it to everyone)
I was also curious about this for myself, so I thought I'd see if anyone here knew.

The_Northman1522

The_Northman1522

Jul 11, 2016
I thought the t/e test was discredited for use across the spectrum.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
LEO around my area don't even test for that.

The few guys that I know in my area say the don't test, but someone can report you as being suspect for juicing, and they can test you.

The fire dept in my city doesn't have any form of drug testing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic