Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
so far cyborg talked alot but is doing nothing to make this fight go down

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
She wants this fight bad as do all the fans. Instead we get Rousey/Tate III on Dec. 4th @ Cowboy's Stadium. Make the fight @ 140 and NOT for title. Where's the problem? Last year Ronda agreed to fight a 5 year ring rusted Gina Carano @ 145 & Tate has agreed to fight Cyborg @ 140/145.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
She wants this fight bad as do all the fans. Instead we get Rousey/Tate III on Dec. 4th @ Cowboy's Stadium. Make the fight @ 140 and NOT for title. Where's the problem? Last year Ronda agreed to fight a 5 year ring rusted Gina Carano @ 145 & Tate has agreed to fight Cyborg @ 140/145.
she a huge star now it makes no sense in that fight business wise..if ronda loses she loses the hype and thats money.It has to be at 135..ufc are no dumbasses they look years into the future

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
If she loses it can be used to create a 145lb class centered around Cyborg. If she loses she can just claim she lost to a former cheater who was a bigger fighter. If she wins she can try acting full time, LOL, retiring undefeated.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I just dont see ronda bowing down to cyborgs rules ion any way..

Reactions: DF
TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
And now she's talking sh*t about Mayweather. I actually dislike Ronda more than Floyd. I didn't think that was even possible a year ago.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
And now she's talking sh*t about Mayweather. I actually dislike Ronda more than Floyd. I didn't think that was even possible a year ago.

Yeah, I could do without all the Floyd trash talk from RR. That said, there isnt one of us on here that wouldnt talk smack to Floyd or anyone else if we were paid half as much as she is. Hell we do it for free once in a while online no less.

To pick a winner between these two is a coin toss at 145 IMO.

Anderson didnt chase or call out anyone from 205 or vice versa, he did it to entertain the fans. It should be noted that him moving up to face Forrest Griffin and later Bonner are not exactly the same thing Rhonda is going to be facing challenge wise if she decides to move up for one fight. So I agree with the comparison to a point. However, that hardly makes Rhonda afraid... just savvy of her career and her brand. Like it or not, that is one of the perks of being the Champion.

For anyone that has never cut weight and competed (in anything) this can be hard to understand. If Chris could cut to that weight and still be in top form then I believe she would have done it by now. I think what it shows is that she knows her bodies abilities and limitations. I dont think this fight is ever going to happen. Cyborg is an awesome fighter but I think she knows something many others dont want to consider. She will loose at 135.

Flashback to the beginning of Ortiz and Shamrock's feud. For a while, there was some debate on what weight it should be at heavy or light heavy. Tito refused to fight at Heavyweight, no exceptions. Shamrock stepped up cut the weight and got destroyed. Weight cutting for combat sports is a tricky thing. Personally Im glad Cyborg is not going to cut the weight (I seriously doubt she will do it successfully) it shows she has some good handlers. She just needs to shut up about the fight or cut the weight and take the fight.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'll say it. Rhonda is overrated in general and weak as hell on her feet. Almost every standup exchange I've ever seen her in, she closes her eyes, gets out of position (bad footwork), and takes punches to give punches. No other champion has such a glaring hole in their game. Why is she undefeated then? Because women's mma is about as advanced as single-ply tweed toilet paper. I'll take cyborg at 145, cyborg at 140, and nobody at 135 because cyborg would die during that cut. All of you saying "if she can make 140 she can make 135" have never barely made weight before, or have never cut weight. 5 pounds, when you've already cut 30 pounds of walking weight over 2 months and another 15 of water over 2 days, is often either impossible or potentially deadly. Trust me, 5 more pounds when you're hydrated is easy, but when you're already flirting with organ failure...

Tldr Summary: Rhonda is a good shitty female fighter amongst the 25 in the whole world that have been trained "decently" but would still lose to Cyborg at any weight that Cyborg could make while alive.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I'll say it. Rhonda is overrated in general and weak as hell on her feet. Almost every standup exchange I've ever seen her in, she closes her eyes, gets out of position (bad footwork), and takes punches to give punches. No other champion has such a glaring hole in their game. Why is she undefeated then? Because women's mma is about as advanced as single-ply tweed toilet paper. I'll take cyborg at 145, cyborg at 140, and nobody at 135 because cyborg would die during that cut. All of you saying "if she can make 140 she can make 135" have never barely made weight before, or have never cut weight. 5 pounds, when you've already cut 30 pounds of walking weight over 2 months and another 15 of water over 2 days, is often either impossible or potentially deadly. Trust me, 5 more pounds when you're hydrated is easy, but when you're already flirting with organ failure...

Tldr Summary: Rhonda is a good shitty female fighter amongst the 25 in the whole world that have been trained "decently" but would still lose to Cyborg at any weight that Cyborg could make while alive.

Back off single y toilet paper bro! Off track but, hope youre doing well.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
ive cut weight for wrestling many times.Im cutting water weight.What cyborg needs to do is cut muscle.Any lady unless shes a fat ass or juicehead can be 135.Rondas striking sucks but her throws and ground are sick.You wont find a perfect fighter in mma everyone got weak points.My man fedor is coming back team russia

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013

I am not sure I totally agree with this. I completely understand what you mean, however, ever notice how men's MMA got to where it was? The best fighters were almost ALWAYS ground fighters. Rhonda's Judo is so damn good, no one can touch her in it. Unfortunately I was not able to stay in Judo BJJ for more than a year and a half, however, that little amount of time that I was in it, I learned how Rhonda pulls it off. I once watched her rotate all 8 pins on an opponent so fast, her opponent couldn't reverse out of them fast enough. She rotated through them 3 times total like she was in practice!! The skill difference to be able to pull that off is so great, it's nuts that they were even fighting in the same level.

Maybe you're right, however, how can you say a fighter is over rated when they are clearly the current best fighter in the world? What does she have to do to prove herself worthy of your opinion, fight men?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic