thejudge
What's New?

getting bodybuilder big?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
And exactly why is DNP horrible for you if you use the product in a safe manner?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
i know im bumping an old thread here but i have to show concern for the DNP advice...

DNP is horrible for you and extremely dangerous on the black market...

i would neever advise my clients to EVER run it.. period

I don't want to speak for Mayo, but I don't think he was directing that post to the OP or advising that the OP take DNP. He was responding to my post about fat cells not being able to be eliminated without lipo. I was under the impression that fat cells only shrink, but without surgery, never completely go away, and Mayo was edumacating me.

3J

3J

May 19, 2011
And exactly why is DNP horrible for you if you use the product in a safe manner?

well DNP is a poison... and we know what it does to our bodies..

but lets disregard all that..

the premise "safe" in your sentence is what im having an issue with...

if i was some layman noob looking for dnp on the black market, how "safe" would this stuff be coming from some random website i dont know about??

now we have to consider the said dosage and the actual dosage of what i would be buying.. which makes safety a bit difficult unless you can analyze exactly what your putting in you..

i didn't mean to push any buttons here.. i just have a strong opinion about DNP.. a few of my friends have been fairly cautious with it and still would have been better off not taking it (trip to the hospital)
and iv heard enough stories about people dieing from this stuff..

trust me there is nothing id like more then the effects of DNP on fat loss, but the risk is just too great.. of course this is imo..

in retrospect, iv known a bunch of guys who have done it without consequence.. im not saying it'll kill every person that uses it.. im saying its very risky and should not be used when a proper diet and training routine will get you where you need to go..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You are correct, the word safe with dosing DNP is a tricky area to deal with, especially with instant results that some are expecting. I myself prefer a low dose of 200 - 300mg a day, anything over that for me personally the sides start to outweigh the benefits.

3J

3J

May 19, 2011
yes, it really is a difficult avenue to follow in that sense...

if i had a chemist i trusted who made it for me i guess i would be ok with it.. though i gotta tell you guys it really isn't necessary... diet and training will always get you where you wanna go..

these 30% bf guys pm me telling me they wanna do dnp.. they have no idea how hard that thing would hit them at that bf.. its just not safe..

compounds are not to be used as a shortcut for obese people... they always want to go the quickest route and end up hurting themselves

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
Ill rephrase my question,

Jay cutler from the videos I have seen basically just maintains during offseason and then cuts up for show,

What I am asking is to get from a smaller size to that size you have to become "fat" sure you would have alot of muscle but you would still have to eat a shitload over your calorie surplus to get to that size? he didn't just get that big, and I see alot of super fat pictures of bb's

maybe im just confused.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010

Jay cutler from the videos I have seen basically just maintains during offseason and then cuts up for show,

What I am asking is to get from a smaller size to that size you have to become "fat" sure you would have alot of muscle but you would still have to eat a shitload over your calorie surplus to get to that size? he didn't just get that big, and I see alot of super fat pictures of bb's

maybe im just confused.

I gotta disagree. Just to clarify beforehand I'm not bodybuilder big but I don't think you have to be to know that to get there requires a lot of food, training w/heavy weights and a good/consistent dose of supps.

Sure, you need to over eat to get bigger. A 150lb guy needs to eat like a 200lb guy to get to that size but getting fat during the process only confirms the choice of calories consumed was not correct. Getting fat means you got careless...

S

Slag

Apr 21, 2011
but even if your eating clean, any calories that are surplus that aren't going to muscle building or energy = fat?

sorry im a noob i dont know shit about anything

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I gotta disagree. Just to clarify beforehand I'm not bodybuilder big but I don't think you have to be to know that to get there requires a lot of food, training w/heavy weights and a good/consistent dose of supps.

Sure, you need to over eat to get bigger. A 150lb guy needs to eat like a 200lb guy to get to that size but getting fat during the process only confirms the choice of calories consumed was not correct. Getting fat means you got careless...

Although I don't completely agree with Slag, I don't completely agree with you either, haha. Getting fat doesn't necessarily mean you got careless, it just depends on how quickly you are trying to put on X pounds. My first cycle, I went from 218 to 255 eating CLEAN, seriously, I was OCD about what I ate. I put down 6000+ calories per day of complex carbs, chicken/fish/steak/turkey, vegetables, oatmeal, fruit (only at breakfast). I ate NO processed foods, NO simple sugars (besides fruit with breakfast), and maybe ate at a restaurant twice (still ate clean). I spread my 6000+ calories over the course of the day in about 5-7 meals.

But I was TRYING to put on as much weight as possible, so even clean calories that are double your maintenance calories, will make you fat. But they will also put some serious mass on you quickly. If I had wanted to, I probably could have gained 6-7 pounds LESS muscle, and not put on much unwanted fat. But IMO, it all depends on how fast you want to put on how much muscle.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
but even if your eating clean, any calories that are surplus that aren't going to muscle building or energy = fat?

sorry im a noob i dont know shit about anything

You really have to find out for yourself where that balance is, that you can gain muscle without gaining much fat. You DO have to eat clean, and it has to be a surplus, but if you are training and sleeping right, the diet will help you put on muscle, however slowly, without much, if any, fat.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Although I don't completely agree with Slag, I don't completely agree with you either, haha. Getting fat doesn't necessarily mean you got careless, it just depends on how quickly you are trying to put on X pounds. My first cycle, I went from 218 to 255 eating CLEAN, seriously, I was OCD about what I ate. I put down 6000+ calories per day of complex carbs, chicken/fish/steak/turkey, vegetables, oatmeal, fruit (only at breakfast). I ate NO processed foods, NO simple sugars (besides fruit with breakfast), and maybe ate at a restaurant twice (still ate clean). I spread my 6000+ calories over the course of the day in about 5-7 meals.

But I was TRYING to put on as much weight as possible, so even clean calories that are double your maintenance calories, will make you fat. But they will also put some serious mass on you quickly. If I had wanted to, I probably could have gained 6-7 pounds LESS muscle, and not put on much unwanted fat. But IMO, it all depends on how fast you want to put on how much muscle.

This is true...guys always ask me HOW MANY CALS DO YOU EAT??
I tell them most times I dont know an exact number but I DO keep track of my macros...whatever it adds up to it adds up too.
Cals are not created equal, carbs, fats, protein all have a different physiological effect on the body, given the right proportions (which takes personal experimentation) and the right quantities you find the balance you need to gain muscle while MINIMIZING fat gains, and PUHLEASE anyone who wants to do the whole lose fat while gaining muscle shit, please wake the fuck up....I had a guy on another forum argue with me for 3 days before he admitted he gained a measely 2 lbs while losing bf%.....WHAT A WASTE OF FUCKING TIME!
I can gain 15-20 lbs with a small amount of bf% increase and lose 8 lbs dieting and net out 7-12 lbs in there, so wtf would I waste time doing shit like that? Just my rant.
At the end of the day you have to pound down clean food and gain the weight at a certain point your bodyfat WILL become higher than you want it too, then you change gears and recomp down the bodyfat with a diet, then that will prime you for better gains the next go round when you shift your diet back into gaining gear.
Its all about primimg the body for each gaining and cutting cycle diet - wise not drug wise btw.
Eating the right foods at the right times makes all the difference in the world.

His Grizzness

His Grizzness

May 18, 2011

maybe im just confused.

Are you a super-shredded, tiny little guy? I've never seen(aside from Lee Priest) any of the top pros looking "fat" ever. Bloated, softer, not completely shredded? For sure! But never fat.

So I can only conclude that you want to remain totally ripped while gaining weight. Yeah, not going to happen. But you surely don't need to become "fat".

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic