Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Alex Rodriguez suspended by MLB until 2015

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Alex Rodriguez has been suspended through the end of the 2014 season after a Major League Baseball investigation determined he used and possessed testosterone and human-growth hormone over multiple years, for attempting to hide his violations and for "a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the Office of the Commissioner," MLB announced Monday afternoon.

The 211-game suspension is to go into effect Thursday. Rodriguez, who was scheduled to play for the first time this season Monday night in Chicago, will appeal the ban and has the backing of the Major League Baseball Players Association.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Holy shit that's a hell of a suspension.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
im a yankees fan and im glad hes suspended..tired of the whole damn arod sideshow distraction..with or without him the yankees arent going anywhere
this year anyways..now with 40/50 mil coming off the books,maybe we can sign some decent free agents for next year

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
im a yankees fan and im glad hes suspended..tired of the whole damn arod sideshow distraction..with or without him the yankees arent going anywhere
this year anyways..now with 40/50 mil coming off the books,maybe we can sign some decent free agents for next year

Does anybody ever come up through the Yankees farm system? Just curious. I'm not a Yankees fan, so I'm not aware. Just seems like they focus on buying players after they've proven themselves. At least some of them. I'm not cutting on that, I'd be happy if my home team could do that once in a while, but we're a smaller size market and are somewhat limited in that area.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Does anybody ever come up through the Yankees farm system? Just curious. I'm not a Yankees fan, so I'm not aware. Just seems like they focus on buying players after they've proven themselves. At least some of them. I'm not cutting on that, I'd be happy if my home team could do that once in a while, but we're a smaller size market and are somewhat limited in that area.

The Yankees buy proven talent. That's all they do. That's why no one ****ing likes them. I'm glad my rangers let Alex go. Cruz was handed down a 50 game suspension so we will be without him.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011

Everyone thinks the Yankees buy all there superstars but Jeter,Posada,Petite and Mariano Rivera all came thru there farm system... Id say they did pretty good...4 WS

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
No one remembers the Yankees when they had a 500 record (sometimes sub) in 82 to 93 and that's when I became a fan...Oh but you're right, they did buy Deon Sanders.....:D

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
So why does A-Rod get 211 games and everyone else gets 50? The rules are pretty clear and it's his 1st offense and they haven't even proved anything on him. Personally I don't care if grown adults use 'performance enhancing drugs' , they're pro's and grown men and nobody would know if the media just shut up

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I think Selig is a power hungry asshole. You know, PED's are always going to be part of sports. Let's face it, if it means the difference between a multi-year million dollar contract or signing for a few hundred thousand, you bet I would do what it takes. People preach purity of the sport. This is professional sports. These guys are who we want to see. We want to see the 100 mph fastballs, the crushing hits, the 500 ft. homeruns. It's ironic, PED's have been around since the 50's. Amphetamines to pain killers have lurked around the lockerooms forever. Now all of a sudden we are getting this "holier than thou" attitude. I say legalize it all and let them play. It's what we pay to see and honestly, until they drug test everyone, there will be always some the slip through the cracks. Plus, each time testing gets better, there is someone out there trying to find a way to beat the drug test. I'm no Yankees fan, heck I'm a White Sox fan (Yes, I know it's been a rough year), but they pick on stars like A-Rod, in the past McGwire and Bonds. Is this any different than us crucifying Arnold or Zane or some of the greats? Let's face it, if you aren't cheating, you're not trying. It's the same piss and moan campaign that feds fight about. Drug testing or no drug testing? Lift where you want and how you want. Quit worrying about the other guy. Personally, I don't lift in drug free competitions because I choose to because of my past usage. But I could care less if the guy I lift against is or isn't using. His business. IF I get so butt hurt about it, I will lift in a drug test fed and make my ego feel better. .

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
So why does A-Rod get 211 games and everyone else gets 50? The rules are pretty clear and it's his 1st offense and they haven't even proved anything on him. Personally I don't care if grown adults use 'performance enhancing drugs' , they're pro's and grown men and nobody would know if the media just shut up

G man it's cause when he was here with the rangers he admitted to using peds. It's not his first offense. And if u challange the suspension u get even more time.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
G man it's cause when he was here with the rangers he admitted to using peds. It's not his first offense. And if u challange the suspension u get even more time.

Forgot about that one Reguator! But he got 211 and they got 50 before he challenged it. At 38 with missing 2013 and 2014 his career would be over . I just don't get the whole Holier than Thou crap from MLB and NFL. I don't care what these guys use, if it helps them heal faster and perform at a higher level , fine with me. Besides Plenty of old timers were juicing back in the day , just nobody cared or didnt know

G

gunny

Mar 5, 2012
Everyone thinks the Yankees buy all there superstars but Jeter,Posada,Petite and Mariano Rivera all came thru there farm system... Id say they did pretty good...4 WS

I'm a Yankees fan and many most of their star players came thru the farm system is true. I don't think the Yankees organization tried to help either because they wanted to free up the 40+ million for other recruits.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic