Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt

Tiny Meeker Hits New All Time Bench Press World Record!

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Today at the SPF Texas state championships Tiny Meeker came to bench big and big he did, All Time big!! He opened with 1003 but according to reports had trouble touching then went to the World Record 1077 and again missed, but came back on his third attempt at made it! More info on correct weight (1076 or 1077) will be updated when official results are sent in .....

Last edited by a moderator:
Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Damn! I remember when 730pds was the record. Lol

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
With a belly like that, and a range of motion of 7 inches, how the **** was he having trouble touching over 1000lbs? Are the shirts really that tight and loaded nowadays? I can't help but think that the equipped world record is as much about who has the tightest, most rebounding shirt, than it is about who's strongest.

Still impressive.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wonder if we'll see the raw world record fall this year to?

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
With a belly like that, and a range of motion of 7 inches, how the **** was he having trouble touching over 1000lbs? Are the shirts really that tight and loaded nowadays? I can't help but think that the equipped world record is as much about who has the tightest, most rebounding shirt, than it is about who's strongest.

Still impressive.

I agree it's impressive.... Still raw powerlifting is much more my thing than equipped.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I wonder if we'll see the raw world record fall this year to?

Mendleson aka ugliest dude ever went after it at super training gym. Tore his pec though. So it's in the horizon.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

Still impressive.

You dial the shirt in via how you wear it so that ideally it stops the weight just as you touch your belly/chest... it's a dark art to be able to know how much to jack a shirt so that you can touch a weight but still have maximum pop off the chest.
I've got a shirt that I got from a 1000lb bencher that he couldn't touch 900 in. We are similarly sized, if anything I'm bigger but have less belly, but if I let it ride up and set the shirt right I can touch with 700 in it.
Same shirt again, he did a 1000+ board press in it and I barely made the mid-800s..... I wish it was just a matter of buying the super-secret magic shirt that only the top guys get - but it's not. I tried.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i dont really get the shirted bench thing.

how is the world record deadlift LOWER than the world record benchpress?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

Still impressive.

You dial the shirt in via how you wear it so that ideally it stops the weight just as you touch your belly/chest... it's a dark art to be able to know how much to jack a shirt so that you can touch a weight but still have maximum pop off the chest.
I've got a shirt that I got from a 1000lb bencher that he couldn't touch 900 in. We are similarly sized, if anything I'm bigger but have less belly, but if I let it ride up and set the shirt right I can touch with 700 in it.
Same shirt again, he did a 1000+ board press in it and I barely made the mid-800s..... I wish it was just a matter of buying the super-secret magic shirt that only the top guys get - but it's not. I tried.

Tell me if I'm wrong PLK cause my time in a shirt is very limited. But if you bring the bar down and you're not in the groove it can get your elbows and/or wrists out of line from the bar. So to avoid dumping the bar he may not have been able to bring it to touch.

That's happened to me before. Was about 1inch off the chest and if I tried to go any further The bar would have been in my lap. This was prior to me getting with a crew.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic