Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Womens physique

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So, for the second time the same person that won the open figure also won the open physique.....does that seem wrong ro anybody else? Wasnt the new class started specifically to be different? What are your thoughts on it...

Sandpig

Sandpig

MuscleHead
Jul 13, 2012
Definitely. I was told men couldn't do bb and physique. So why the double standard?

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Two different physic for two different divisions.nothing surprises me with this sport in the ifbb.the shows are fixed.correct me if I'm wrong the physic division was established because there were girls who were slightly more muscular than the figure girls but not as big as the womens bb so they created the physic division which i prefer.this is why there is so much double standards in this sport.know the question is where does that leave the physic girls once again?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, for the second time the same person that won the open figure also won the open physique.....does that seem wrong ro anybody else? Wasnt the new class started specifically to be different? What are your thoughts on it...

We've been seeing the bias towards Figure since the beginning. Most of the shows I've seen, both regional and professional, those coming from FBB are completely dissed while the rewards are given to the girls who are often softer than the Figure girls. So far the only show I've been remotely in agreement with on placing has been the recent NY Pro show, where Juliana Malacarne, IMO set the bar for Physique. But you don't find that type of physique very often and the back-up options are not particularly impressive to me, given what I, and most people, think Physique should be.

(This link will get you to the RXmuscle gallery for the NY Pro show - click on Comparisons for Physique)

30vyfpx.jpg

You can see she has decidedly fuller muscle bellies than most everyone in Physique. And the comparable ladies I've seen typically are coming from BB, but there seems to be a fine line of delineation in the overall "shape" of the body that favors Figure. And like I said, I often see the Figure competitors look tighter. That part I don't get - I see it particularly at the pro level where the Figure girls are bigger AND tighter.

Mostly it feels like there's just mega overcompensation to make it NOT bodybuilding. But in most case it looks more SUB Figure and not very interesting. Its evolving, as does everything on teh women's side. You can't enter a Physique category and EXPECT the "right" results. You very much still need to go in w/ your best package, but be aware of the current trend. The logic of it all still ain't there. But the goal of competing against yourself still is!

Last edited:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Im actually happy with myself for setting the goal and going for it, just knowing I have to work harder to get better at this sport :) I did notice it was more like a beauty pageant than a muscular development comparison...I was told I should glam it up LOL. So...live and learn is the motto....and be sure next time I will be better prepared!

S

smawshot01

Nov 7, 2011
my states that i compete in doesnt allow you to crossover from figure to physique. that is garbage. i thought the level of conditioning or as it was supposed to be set up was bikini figure/fitness, physique and then the ultimate conditioning coming from bodybuilders. isnt that the way it was supposed to go? that to me sounds like you took a royal screwing by politics. and that is a sad part of our sport

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
She looks incredible in that photo.to me that perfection.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I think she is a great example of what I pictured a physique winner to be...she has good size and symmetry, and is very feminine and sexy...

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
i agree with sass...juliana looks amazing and imho does exactly personify what i understood the physique category to be...it makes no sense to me that a physique competitor should come in softer than a figure...

so much bias in this sport...so little lack of consistency...

fwiw, in ny there is no crossover either...not that i would ever be mistaken for them...lol..

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I think the "problem class" is figure. It seems that the amateur figure girls are a bit softer. Generally the figure girls that are turning pro are much harder. Then as we reach the higher levels of competition such as the Arnold or Olympia, the girls seem to soften up a bit. Thus the problem is when figure girls go hard to turn pro. The look is very similar to physique.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic