Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Video: DL challenge, box squats & SS bench

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Last video from me for a while as the day after the benching I came down with a gastric bug and lost 13lb. Bodyweight was around 143-145 last week.

Obviously I won't be doing the April meet anymore, but after an easier few weeks I'm sure I will be back into the swing of things with hopefully not too much strength lost :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
FWIW I was so pissed off with those bench sets when I watched them back. I will be so much stronger when I learn to keep my elbows tucked, it looked like I was flying in that video lol. One of my goals is to continue working towards a 242 competition bench, just don't know when that will be now.

I was happy with the squats, that last single with 275 didn't feel too bad and I know I could have gone a little heavier. DL's I was annoyed as in hindsight I should have used some chalk ~ my grip was what was giving out rather than my body. Could have got 30 reps with chalked hands !! Oh well, I know now for next time. Cheers MF.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Good work brother it seems like you have a very good handle on your weak points and the areas you need to work on and that's always the biggest battle... being honest with ourselves and working on what we don't do well. Sorry about your set back, I'm sure you can use it to fuel your drive to push through to new heights.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks man, appreciate that.

I have so many weak points it's hard to know where to start haha. My whole squat is one ~ that has massive room for improvement, which whilst that's frustrating it's also encouraging at the same time. Deads on the whole are good as I've pulled a 3xbw a few times now. Bench is okay, just a work in progress with my technique. Simple things really, like tucking my elbows and trying to recruit my lats more etc etc.

The sickness is a setback, 5lb to reclaim back and then I'm back to where I was before. Thanks for checking in MF.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Lats are the key to a big bench! Once you get good at recruiting them watch how the bar starts to explode off your chest. If I'm in the "groove" when I bench it feels similar to using the slingshot the bar launches off my chest for the first few inches thats where those lats come in. Try bending that bar and pulling down into that tight tucked position, practice a bunch with an empty bar use your camera or a buddy and just keep working that form... it will come.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thank you for the tips bud, I'm always keen to learn.

tilltheend

tilltheend

MuscleHead
Nov 22, 2011
Good job, those feelings suck lol!

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
What kinda gastric problem did U have? And how'd you resolve it

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
What kinda gastric problem did U have? And how'd you resolve it
I had a sickness and diarrhea bug, both of my kids had been sick so I got it from them. Was pretty bad but only a 48hr bug thankfully, one of my girls was sick with it for a week.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I had a sickness and diarrhea bug, both of my kids had been sick so I got it from them. Was pretty bad but only a 48hr bug thankfully, one of my girls was sick with it for a week.

Oh.... See ever since last July when I was benching and heavy and strained my
Lower abdominal I've had gastrointestinal probs.. Gas.. Bloat.. Stomach acid... Peeing alot. And still haven't figured out what's wrong and have had an MRI and only
Thing that came up is I have a slight ileus but that shouldn't be causing all these
Probs.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Sorry to hear about the illness and it spoiling your April meet aspirations.

When is the next one?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks buddy. Not sure about the next meet, just gonna cruise for a while and enjoy the training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic