Latest Member
Madgoat
What's New?

TightGlutes Log/Pics Prep For Figure

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
At this time i am only running my Var at 10mg everyday 5mg AM 5mg Pre w/o.
5'8 150lbs

I really don't have a split do to going to PT 3 times a week for my knees and bicep tendinitis so things are always different. I do Back, Shoulders, Legs, Arms. I am not doing chest at this time do to increase pain to my biceps that lasts for a week. Before every workout I do 10 min workup cardio then 15min of Rotator Cuff warm up. On arm day and shoulder day i still do my warm up but i add in 4 sets of seated rows and 4 sets of lat pulldowns. I do this because i have found that it puts my shoulders in a good position when i start to work them and warms up my biceps/ elbows on arm day. I also super-set every workout/set with light ploys that don't bother my knees. Box squats body weight or holding two 10lb DBs or sumo squats holding a 10lb DB. Leg day is ploys and very light weight leg press/ leg extension. NO CARDIO AT THIS TIME :eek:

CROINC ISSUES/PROBLEMS: Chondromalacia patella both knees( knees taped at PT 2 times a week.) bicep tendinitis both arms. Impingement syndrome L shoulder. Wrist tendinitis both arms, elbow tendinitis both arms. c1/c2 disc displacementn ( getting TX at this time.)

DIET: Fast carbs breakfast and post workout/ pre-workout slow carbs, 160g protein, fats 1 tbsp almond butter breakfast, 1 tbsp with meal 2, and 1 tbsp be4 bed. NOT WRITING OUT WHOLE DIET. This is my offseason diet at this time.

GEAR: just placed my order. changing to BD Var and will start that when it comes to see if there is a difference from what i am using now. This will be for 2-3 weeks just checking for sides. Then 6 weeks off. most likely going to my MD to get my test level checked and to be put on test cream .( this is a maybe.) After 6 weeks i will start QV Primo Depo 25mg for 2 weeks then up it to 50mg. cruse on that for total of 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks will add in the BD var at 5mg then up to 10mg. will stack the too for 4 weeks then drop the Var and Primo. at that time will be close to show might add in winny oral at 12.5mg that is a maybe. 12 weeks out will start my clen taper, 4 weeks out will add in nolva 10mg 2 weeks then up to 20mg 2weeks.

Contest: Figure

Hope you all follow :) I will be posting about my strength gains, size gains, pics, sides from gear, mood, hunger/full etc.. This will not be a workout log and will not be posting every set and weight i do.

Last edited:
big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I'm in. I'm sorry to hear you have so many nagging injuries. That has to suck.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

the offseason that was supposed to be last fall. went to heavy, was eating everything and on var at 20mg. killed my whole body. I am working around everything after months of PT. Happy with the way things are going :) thanks Paul

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

the offseason that was supposed to be last fall. went to heavy, was eating everything and on var at 20mg. killed my whole body. I am working around everything after months of PT. Happy with the way things are going :) thanks Paul

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
bigggggd.jpg

This was me VERY VERY offseason last August before i injured myself 175lbs. Had some great muscle, but u can see i was going crazy, deadlifting and squating 225 for reps, 800lb leg press for reps. got this back deadlifting like man ;)

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'll follow Tight Glutes. I'll follow tight glutes all day long.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I will be following great legs the name fits glad you started this log and wish you the best

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
plx bear with my criticism... not trying to be a prick. I've had/still have all of your injury you have and I can help you. first i must address that there's no reason for you to be struggling with those issues. you already mentioned that its from going too heavy but its not like you're squatting 405lbs.. either you were taking wrong advice and/or you weren't warmed up enough(will get to this in a bit).

issues...
looking from the pic, i can tell you have some structural issues like tight hip flexors and lack hamstring development(explains the knee issue) and your traps need more direct work(explains shoulder issue and prob bicep as well on shoulder joint). It also seem like you need direct internal rotator work judging from your ability to expand your scapula(lat spread). neglecting any muscle group(even chest) IMO is a mistake, you just need to make sure all muscles are in balance in terms of balance to ensure you stay injury free.

why your joints hurt...
1. tight hip flexors basically shut down your glutes from firing. squatting/leg pressing require actions all 3(quads/glutes/hams) thats 3 muscles VS 2 or 1 muscles doing al the work. knees are taking a beating every time you squat.

2. lagging hamstrings. aside from visual imablance, lack of hamstring makes knee cap track froward when the knee bears weight like when you're squatting, torn patella can result from this. hamstring track the knee back in place and allows fro safe squatting.

3. lagging trap. traps are major stabilizer for every upper body exercise. some trainers recommend against direct trap work but I disagree. all the injuries surrounding wrist, elbows, and shoulder stem from neck issues and having enough muscles(balanced) in trap/neck is very important!

4. internal rotators. they assist in stabilizing shoulder joint and keeps the humerous in AC joint(keep from dislocating). ever do chest press and seem like one shoulder appears wider while doing a set? thats the symptoms of underactive subscapularis(an internal rotator). keep in mind front delt, pecs, and lats are all internal rotators as well.

solutions...
1. knee issue: start every leg session with foam rolling(work on quads, IT, piriformis, calves, hams, and spine in that order)then do intense leg curls. I prefer seated leg curl for this. 3 warm up sets x 15 alternating then do 4th set for heavy all out 15 reps followed by 2 drop sets of 10 reps(25% less weight each drop), then go back to the heaviest weight and do 20 1/4 reps in stretch portion of the exercise. alternate every sets of leg curls with stretch drill explained below.
stretch drill: take a long step froward like a deep walking lunge and place both hands on each side of leading foot. push your hips down and forward so you feel stretch on front knee, front upper hamstring/groin, and hip flexor in hind leg. now keep the hands where they are and attempt to straighten up front leg by lifting your butt up and back. you'll feel intense stretch on entire hamstring and calf on your front leg and feel the quad fire up. keep both feet and hands where they are and repeat 5 more times. then repeat other leg.

2. lagging hams: partially solved by leg curls... but now you must use them on squats and leg press. with hamstrings and hips loose, you'll notice getting deep on squat no longer seem difficult. keep the sqaut to parallel for few weeks then attempt to increase depth as your knees get better(they will). follow squats with leg press pushing on heels for more qlute recruitment. finish leg session with light stiff legged deadlifts to stretch hams out. calves can be done on leg day or separate days if your legs are shot.

3. lagging trap: hit all 3 region, upper/mid/lower. do your deadlifts and face pulls. also start every reps of lat pulldown with shrugging yopur shouler down first, then pull with elbows. i also recommend YTWL on incline bench facing down. many youtube videos on this...

4. internal rotators: simply start every upper body workout with a set of internal/external rotators, 20 reps each. then activate the target muscle with an isolation movement before doing compound(flyes for chest, pullovers for lats, laterals for delts)

how to keep muscles in balance, visually and strength wise?once your joints heal up, start ground level up, just like any hardcore BB's. that means building your legs, back, then shoulder girdle. strong legs will aid in strong back, which then aid in strong shoulders. consider low bar squats to keep chest open and neck/trap loose. deads and bb rows for proper shoulder alignment(think scapula) through trap/upper back development, which will support your pressing strength.

hope you can find these info helpful. you do have beautiful natural shape and you can do well in shows.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic