Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Anything to help control appetite?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Ephedrine @ 12.5 mg 3x a day or 20mg 2x a day for 5 weeks, sixth week you would need 50 mg Benadryl Ed to upgrade downgraded beta2 androgenic receptors.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
get some psyllium husk (sp) that shit will fill your gut up with fiber.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
Ephedrine @ 12.5 mg 3x a day or 20mg 2x a day for 5 weeks, sixth week you would need 50 mg Benadryl Ed to upgrade downgraded beta2 androgenic receptors.

I recall reading a thread (or maybe it was a study, dont remember precisely, I'll do some digging though) that showed benadryl did next to nothing to upregulate Beta2s and that keto was the best way to go.

I'll do some digging tonight and see if I can't find it.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
For the evening when I feel hungry still I will drink a Metamucil drink which is that fiber however you spell it. Def helps

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Bought Hoodia a week ago, does nothing for me. I had high hopes but I almost feel like it makes me even more hungry. I might try the Glucomannan though, never heard of it. I'll have to look into it.

Hoodia is one of my go-to's during competition prep. I'm only speaking for myself, but it doesn't just make you not hungry because you took it today. It takes a while to start "working" - and how it "works" is more like it takes away your taste for things. I find it actually very easy to forget to eat, except for starting to feel depleted or my stomach alarm going off after a while. But "eating" also becomes more like "fueling time" - things don't have a "taste" to them and its just more about shoveling down the nutrients that will support your body for the rest of the day.

I've started it by loading for a while, and then can get down to 2 x 800 mg / day and works fine. But its not like you are probably imagining where you pop one and you don't get hungry.

If you're having real issues about wanting to eat at, especially at a particular time of day, then maybe adjust your diet to make sure you're getting food at that time of day. E.g. if right before bed, throw down some protein + PB or cottage cheese or something w/ some protein / fat in it to tide you over for the rest of the night. It may also take some shifting of calories and then making a point of not eating at that time and see if you can change your body's habits so you aren't getting hungry at that time.

Being hungry is usually your body's way of telling you it is short of nutrients. If you have gotten sufficient nutrients, then look at your associations w/ food and your schedule to see if you can adjust to reduce that expectation of food at a particular time.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Hoodia is one of my go-to's during competition prep. I'm only speaking for myself, but it doesn't just make you not hungry because you took it today. It takes a while to start "working" - and how it "works" is more like it takes away your taste for things. I find it actually very easy to forget to eat, except for starting to feel depleted or my stomach alarm going off after a while. But "eating" also becomes more like "fueling time" - things don't have a "taste" to them and its just more about shoveling down the nutrients that will support your body for the rest of the day.
Thanks, I probably should have mentioned that ;)

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011

I've started it by loading for a while, and then can get down to 2 x 800 mg / day and works fine. But its not like you are probably imagining where you pop one and you don't get hungry.

If you're having real issues about wanting to eat at, especially at a particular time of day, then maybe adjust your diet to make sure you're getting food at that time of day. E.g. if right before bed, throw down some protein + PB or cottage cheese or something w/ some protein / fat in it to tide you over for the rest of the night. It may also take some shifting of calories and then making a point of not eating at that time and see if you can change your body's habits so you aren't getting hungry at that time.

Being hungry is usually your body's way of telling you it is short of nutrients. If you have gotten sufficient nutrients, then look at your associations w/ food and your schedule to see if you can adjust to reduce that expectation of food at a particular time.

Interesting. I never knew that about the Hoodia, I might have to give it another try. You saying you take it daily no matter what?

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
Found what I was looking for w/ regards to ECA + benadryl (taken from another forum):

Clenbuterol can also cause a downregulation in testicular androgen receptors and in pulmonary, cardiac and central nervous system beta-adrenergic receptors(6.) possibly making steroids less effective (if there is androgen receptor downregulation elsewhere as well, then it´s highly probable) while you are on clen; but definitely making clen less effective as time goes on and you keep taking it. To counteract this, you can take some ketotifen every 3rd or 4th week that you remain on clen. It´s a prescription anti-histimines, so it´ll make you drowsy (take before bedtime). Basically, the way this works is to reduce beta-2 receptor activity, and restore receptor function (15).

Another option, if you are worried about receptor downgrade, is taking Benadryl, at around 50-100mgs/night before bed (every 3rd week or so, for that week). Benadryl is sold as an anti-histamine in the United States, and/or a sleep aid elsewhere in the world. However, Beta receptors are embedded in the cell´s outer phospholipid membrane. The stability of the membrane has a lot to do with the proper function of the receptors. Methylation of the phospholipids is stimulated by the binding of beta agonists to their receptors. Methylated phospholipids are foreign to the body, and when the body recognizes them as foreign, it breaks them down with phospholipase A2. This changes the structure of the outer membrane which results in desensitization of the beta receptors. On the other hand, agents that inhibit phospholipase A2 slow desensitization.

Cationic ampiphylic drugs are known for their ability to inhibit phospholipase A2. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a cationic ampiphylic drug.

Ergo, Benadryl slows desensitization of Beta receptors (i.e. Upgrades them) by inhibiting phospholipase A2, which is the enzyme that breaks down methylated phospholipids, and this action in turn keeps the phospholipid membrane stable, and thus keeps the receptors functioning properly. (7). This will allow you to use clen for much longer and it´ll still have the same effects. Also, since Benadryl is an anti-histamine, and histamines have a direct effect on beta-adrenoreceptors (not just Beta-2´s but all of them), using an anti-histamine will have a direct effect on reducing beta-receptor stimulation (16), and thus upregulating your beta-receptors.

MY RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE ARTICLE BELOW IN RED:

Methylation of phospholipids? Beta 1 and 2 receptors operate through a G-s transmembrane protein receptor which when activated by binding of a ligand results in stimulating Adenylate Cyclase. This 2nd messenger cascade converts ATP --> cAMP. The inc cAMP activates Protein Kinase A which then causes the physiological response observed in beta receptors. Beta 1 stimulation which are inc heart contractility, inc heart rate, inc lipolysis and inc renin release. Beta 2 stimulation results in inc heart contractility, inc heart rate, vasodilation of peripheral vessels, bronchodilation, inc lipolysis and inc glucagon release. Here's the funny thing....Renin release is associated with inc Angiotensin 2 levels which inc Aldosterone which is involved in Na+ and water retention.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a nutshell, Benadryl is what's called to as an H-1 blocker while Clenbuterol is a beta-2 adrenergic agonist-hence it works through an entirely differently mechanism. The most effective way to upregulate clenbuterol receptors is to take some time off of the drug (for example 2 weeks on/2 weeks off or ramp up the dosages every 2-3 weeks by 20 mcgs until a maximum dosages of around 120 mcgs is reached.

I am of the opinion that the only thing benadryl is going to do for you is make you sleepy!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
H1 and h2 antihistamines have no relation to alpha or beta receptors, 1 or 2... per se. H1 and H2 histamine are classes of drugs where as H2 antihistamine class drugs prevent the function of excess acid secretion in the digestive system, so I think this is a mistake. It has no direct correlation with beta 2 androgenic receptors...

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I have found something that i will share. It has helped my appetite so much. It is juicing but one time a day at night. That is when most of my cravings happen. This is what i do . 6 ice cubs, 1 1/2 cups cold water. 1 1/2 scoops whey protein (vanilla) , 2 cups collier greens, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 tbsp chia seeds. OMG so good and will keep you full forever. :) might be thick ( i think that makes it better) and i drink it with a spoon. ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic