GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
adrian gonzalez homers in first at bat as a dodger

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Cincinnati Reds first baseman Joey Votto is scheduled to make a rehab appearance Tuesday at Single-A Dayton, perhaps the last step of his comeback from two surgical procedures on his left knee.

Votto hasn't played since July 15 after being injured sliding into third base on June 28 in San Francisco. The 2010 National League Most Valuable Player started the All-Star Game and was hitting .342 with 14 home runs and 49 runs batted in when he left the lineup.

"I'm a little apprehensive because I haven't played in a long time," Votto said before Sunday's game against St. Louis. "The work on the field has been good. I have a long way to go on my swing. The things that I'm uncomfortable about will come out when I play in Dayton."

Going into Sunday's series finale, the Reds were 27-13 since Votto left the lineup.

si.com

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
NEW YORK (AP) -- Sandy Alderson is set on keeping All-Stars David Wright and R.A. Dickey with the Mets.

New York's general manager told a group of season-ticket holders a few hours before the Mets played the Houston Astros on Sunday he wants to deal with contracts for Dickey and Wright this offseason even though the team holds options on each player for 2013.

"I fully expect that David Wright and R.A. Dickey will be here not only next year, but longer term," he said to cheers from the fans. "We're going to deal with it up front while we have a little room to maneuver."

Wright and Dickey are two bright spots in a season that has gone sour after the All-Star break. At 59-69, the Mets are headed for their sixth straight season without a playoff appearance and fourth in a row finishing under .500.

si.com

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
cook if that red sox trade goes through look for the red sox to offer josh hamilton whatever he wants.

Yes I am sure they will be going after him hard.
Rangers beat Tampa 6-5. Adrian Beltre had 4 RBI. Last week he had a three home run game and then hit for the cycle the next night.He is hitting around .325 and playing a great third base.If the Rangers win the West he has to be in the discussion for MVP

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
that mike trout kid is pretty darn good

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
that mike trout kid is pretty darn good

yes he is.certain rookie of the year and he has been getting a lot of talk for MVP but the Angels are 10 games out and if they don`t close the gap that will hurt his chances

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
Rangers beat Tampa 1-0 last night.Yu Darvish got his 13th win

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
Rangers go to Cleavland tonight.Those damn A`s won`t go away.Not a player on the team hitting above the Mendoza line and they keep winning.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I would gladly trade Hamilton for trout any day after hamiltons comment about not oweing the rangers or Arlington anything. Use to be my fav player on our team till he said that.

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
I would gladly trade Hamilton for trout any day after hamiltons comment about not oweing the rangers or Arlington anything. Use to be my fav player on our team till he said that.
Agree but Angels are not letting Trout go

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic