GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Dodgers No. 2 starter Chad Billingsley will miss the rest of the season after being placed on the 60-day disabled list Wednesday because of elbow pain.

The 28-year-old left-hander, who hasn't pitched since Aug. 24, was 10-9 with a 3.55 ERA in 25 starts.

"I thought there was an outside chance that maybe I'd get back. It wasn't very good, but I was able to hold onto that," Billingsley said in Los Angeles' dugout during batting practice. "Then two nights ago, late in the game, Dr. [Neal] ElAttrache told me: 'We're going to shut you down.'

"There's some slight tearing going on in there, but they say it has a chance to heal and that the PRP injection should help it recover and get stronger," Billingsley said.

"I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This is all new to me. I've never had an elbow problem where the UCL is concerned."

si.com

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Los Angeles Angels ace Jered Weaver has returned to Southern California for further examination of his bruised right arm and will likely miss his next start Friday against Detroit.

Angels manager Mike Scioscia said before Wednesday's series finale at Oakland that Weaver was back in the Los Angeles area to have his arm checked by Dr. Lewis Yocum. With an off day Thursday, each pitcher could slide up a day in the rotation on regular rest.

Weaver was struck on the right arm by a line drive from Dustin Ackley's bat in the fifth inning of his loss Sunday at Seattle. He has not thrown since.

Weaver is 16-4 with a 2.86 ERA this season. He also pitched a no-hitter against Minnesota on May 2.

si.com

C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
Rangers win in 10 with Michael Young single to drive in Ian Kinsler who tripled right before him.Josh got dinger number 39

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cook

Feb 16, 2012
Josh Hamilton put the word out he wants 175 mil over 7 years

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic