Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Short Cycles : 2/4

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
Hey guys,
Just curious if anyone has any experience running short cycles. I have been interested in trying it out and seeing how it goes for me for some time.

After some digging I have heard that 2 on 4 off works best.

I will be running Test A and thought about starting at 50md ED for 14 days, while frontloading at 150mg. Relizing this is kinda low, thinking about bumping it up to 75mg ED...which would be 525mg/wk

It would look like this:

1-2 Test A 75mg ED
2- Clomid 300mg (3 days after last pin - 1 time)
2-4 Clomid 50mg ED
4-6 off
7- repeat

plan on just running the test for a while first then adding Tren A to the mix later down the road..

Im new to this particular site - but not new to other boards..

My previous cycles have all been Test E/EQ 400mg/wk ; dbol and prop as front loads

Im 29 years old
6ft
205lbs
15%bf

Goals: Bulk, add 25lbs over time

been lifting for years - played college footbal D3

Thanks guys

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
Here is my revised layout: (to start out)

1- :Test A 200mg (Front Load)
1-2:Test A 75mg ED
1-2: Dbol 30mg ED
2- :Clomid 300mg (2 days after last pin, 1st day)
2-4:Clomid 50mg ED
4-6: Off
7- Repeat

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Too short IMHO. I am currently running short cycles myself with great result, but 6 weeks on/2off. Two weeks is not enough time to do much besides gain a bit of water and then you spend more time on PCT than a traditional cycle which is normally time on equals time off. I do burst cycles but I am not concerned with shut down at the moment, but I do not recomend that attitude for others.

Hawk

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
The theory behind it is to reduce shutdown and have natural T levels restored asap for your baseline T to handle any size gained within the 2 week window. I have to run.. but be back later to expain more... def here to see what others are doing and what works best.. ill finish later

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
The theory behind it is to reduce shutdown and have natural T levels restored asap for your baseline T to handle any size gained within the 2 week window. I have to run.. but be back later to expain more... def here to see what others are doing and what works best.. ill finish later

I understand the theory, but it is an old one and just hasn't worked out in reality (no gains). Even under optimal conditions the body can put on about .25lbs of muscle per week give or take (experience, gear current level of mass all being factors). That would be 12lbs a year (of muscle...not some noob claiming his fat arse gained 40lbs. of water and fat). If that is the case than with 2 on you might hope to get you that .5lbs and then spend a month trying to keep it until you start again. However, it would appear to be a good way to avoid suppression.

Hawk

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
It is very much doable to do 2 on 2 off for a while as well..4 weeks is somewhat concervative (which i may opt to do 2 on 2 off for a few) but being on longer than 2 weeks - say 6, testicular atrophy will occur and it will prolong recovery....and if you are doing what is recommended of "time off" = "time on" it is kinda getting away from the point of quick cycles throughout the year.. (might as well just run 8-10 or more) I am looking to run this for about a year - (obviously JUST a couple 2 week cycles isnt going to achieve much) so I am looking for small gains contiually and being able to maintain them as well (instead of running a 14-16 week cycle then having same amount of "long" time off)

Only running 2 weeks your body will restore your endogenous T levels quick, and within that 2 week time frame you arent putting on huge amount of mass that your baseline T levels cant support (this is the major point). So this equals gains being maintainted.

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
I understand the theory, but it is an old one and just hasn't worked out in reality (no gains). Even under optimal conditions the body can put on about .25lbs of muscle per week give or take (experience, gear current level of mass all being factors). That would be 12lbs a year (of muscle...not some noob claiming his fat arse gained 40lbs. of water and fat). If that is the case than with 2 on you might hope to get you that .5lbs and then spend a month trying to keep it until you start again. However, it would appear to be a good way to avoid suppression.Hawk

......Exactly

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
Too short IMHO. I am currently running short cycles myself with great result, but 6 weeks on/2off. Two weeks is not enough time to do much besides gain a bit of water and then you spend more time on PCT than a traditional cycle which is normally time on equals time off. I do burst cycles but I am not concerned with shut down at the moment, but I do not recomend that attitude for others.

Hawk

If your doing 6, why not just do 8-10 for better results? The 2 week "off" phase after 6 week on isnt long enough - could you explain the theory behind this?

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
If your doing 6, why not just do 8-10 for better results? The 2 week "off" phase after 6 week on isnt long enough - could you explain the theory behind this?

First, I like the idea of two off/two on better myself.

Regarding 6 on/2 off, I wrote this for my other board:

The Bigger Picture-Hawks Thoughts on Burst Cycling for Mass

So, here is my current philosophy on my long term strategy of training, nutrition and AAS for the next 12 months. I am no guru and this could be way off, but so far it is the best I can make of it all and works for my budget and level of experience and commitment. I am going to make some general statements, give some explanation and how I apply it all, so hopefully it makes sense.

Training: If you subscribe to the dual factor theory as I do as well as Westside, Dave Tate, Rippetoe etc...Than you will realize that wt. training has a cumulative effect which requires a deloading phase to allow for super compensation.

AAS: We all know that the best gains from any cycle come at the middle(long esters) and/or beginning with short esters. The reason is that you have fresh AR receptors and frankly your body has not adapted to the exogenous hormones like they would at the end of a 12 week cycle. My thinking here is that 2 six week cycles trump one 12 week cycle.

Insulin: Well we all know you can desensitize whether for exogenous or your bodies own, so taking a break once and a while will reap long term benefits.

Peptides: from my understanding you can run peptides continuously with no ill effect.

Nutrition: I am a big believer in carb cycling and am convinced now more than ever that for me staying lean is critical. The benefits of gaining mass and having a system that is sensitive to insulin is understood by anyone has has reached single digit bodyfat and then proceeded to eat again...you get huge quick. With that being said, I suck at daily carb cycling if nothing is on the line, so I do weekly.

Putting it all together. The thing that all the above have in common is that there needs to be an "off" period to maximize long term benefits. At the same time I suspect that the time on and off would differ for each of the above and I simply do not have the understanding or will to pursue such madness.

Enter the Burst Cycle: If you followed my log over in the Tan Research Thread you will have read some about this. The short version is that for 6 weeks you train hard, eat like an animal, pin everything in sight and use slin to help keep the train moving. That is followed by a 2 week off period when you deload, eat clean, add fat burners,and drop long esters (self tapering...Bilters Term). After the two weeks you should have dried out, lost a pound or two and be both physically and mentally recovered, plus primed for another 6 week Burst!

I have more to say but that is enough hot air for now.
Feel free to comment or criticize.

Hawk

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Good discussion guys.
-CC-

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Why not cruise on test and BLAST another aas...IMO this is to much change to your body and after a few of these your body will be more stressed then if you had done a long cycle at those doses..

People are to afraid about natural test levels coming back and its over rated....If your blasting for the short term results I think thats smart but blasting to not shut down that bad is more effort then its worth...

X

xXGetBigSonXx

Sep 17, 2010
Why not cruise on test and BLAST another aas...IMO this is to much change to your body and after a few of these your body will be more stressed then if you had done a long cycle at those doses..

People are to afraid about natural test levels coming back and its over rated....If your blasting for the short term results I think thats smart but blasting to not shut down that bad is more effort then its worth...

Def doable if your looking to stay on for long periods of time or for all year...

Not shutting down that bad (for lack of a better phrase...im tired right now lol) is just an added benefit. Recovery, maintaing strength gains over time, are the keys described in earlier posts...

For me personally being on for 12-16 weeks intensity somewhat starts to decline (tough to be all out 100% intense for 12-16 weeks the whole time) doing short cycles and getting that "rush" you get when you first start your cycle is what interested me to begin with. Most is mental (which most lifting is!) but a lot is do to starting that cycle and killing it for a few weeks, getting off - having your baseline T recovery quickly to maintain any muscle gained then getting back on and doing it again... other than the benefits described - its exciting to "start" again every month or so.. if you know what i am saying.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic