Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Buying A Suit

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I occasionally have to wear a suit for work. Mine is Brooks Brothers off the rack. It sucks because I had to buy the largest (50") they had, but it is made for a fat person, not an athletic one. . .

And now I am dieting it looks even more ridiculous on me, though the shoulders are getting so tight I am worried I might split it. My next suit will have to be custom made, because I won't find anything on the rack that will fit me.

Tailored Brooks Brothers is the way to go IMO. Pinstripes or not depends on how much attention you want.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
I think the 4 button look is cool on big doods. Def helps tone down the mass effect. Whoever said 2 button is in style right now is spot on but those tend to look best highly tapered on skinnier doods. My opinion

Reactions: SAD
scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
UHC has pretty much nailed it! Fit fit fit. The other choices ( buttons, stripes, etc) are all yours. I wear suits 2-3 times a week. Even as I get bigger I feel more confident in one. I think the trick is to make that sucker yours!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Figured I'd pass this on to you guys here...... www.itailor.com

Last time I needed an interview suit I had to buy a 62 tall and spend an additional $300 getting it tailored to make it even close to right, never mind all the tailoring on shirts to go with it and still having tight legs on the pants.
itailor and moderntailor both let you upload your measurements, pick every feature of the suit or shirt and get it shipped to you direct from the south pacific sweatshop in 4-6 weeks.
Just make sure to add an inch or two to your measurements as they tend to make them fairly snug.
It took me 2 tries to get it just right ( that's why they do a trial run shirt for $20 so you arent't dropping $100 for measuring mistakes) but once I had the measurements figured out it's just a matter of picking fabrics and cuts and waiting a few weeks and it's perfect every time.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Whatever you get, don't buy off the rack if you're like most of us who don't run normal sizes.

I'm a HUGE fan of Men's Wearhouse, and now have 4 that are all custom fitted. If I went and got a normal 52 Regular anywhere off the rack it would look like I was wearing a suit parachute, ya know?

I personally prefer modern fit 3 button, and I'm in finance, and look like a cross between Seth Rogen and Goldberg...so...your mileage may vary :)

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I own 1 suit, cost $1200 ****ing bucks to make from 2 suits at the Men's Warehouse. I barely fit it a few days ago and I got it last year. Only reason it fit because I came off a contest prep a week before.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Whatever you get, don't buy off the rack if you're like most of us who don't run normal sizes.

I'm a HUGE fan of Men's Wearhouse, and now have 4 that are all custom fitted. If I went and got a normal 52 Regular anywhere off the rack it would look like I was wearing a suit parachute, ya know?

I personally prefer modern fit 3 button, and I'm in finance, and look like a cross between Seth Rogen and Goldberg...so...your mileage may vary :)

I actually bought some suits there before, actually the one I wore at my own wedding. LOL.. The alternations costed me more
then the suit did.. Never again. I am just going to go straight to my tailor on Monday, and get a high quality suit. Money is no object. Nice italian made one of course.. Just need to decide on a color now. Something that can be wore anytime of the year.. Any suggestions?

And thanks for the help in private UHC!!!

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
joseph abboud makes some nice stuff with a much more athletic cut they can be expensive but a lot less than a custom suit

http://www.josephabboud.com/

I've got a custom tailored Abboud, best fitting suit I've had. Armani you have to be a slender metro guy to fit in. Check out Nordstroms for a good selectiona nd onsite Tailoring, plus all the accessories

P

poundpuppy

Sep 25, 2011
Buy a quality suit, and get it properly tailored. With that said, the tailor my uncle used closed his place and just works part time at the local mens warehouse. I got him to set me up with a Hilfiger suit. Just remember, a proper fitting tailored less expensive suit looks much better than a ill fitting expensive suit.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I have both 2 & 4 button I wear dark suits with dark stripes only slight contrast.
I like to look good, And do not wear light colored shirts with them.
Definetly puts more of the bad ass in ur appearance.

Not that you would but make sure your belt is worthy of the suit

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic