Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Buying A Suit

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Just curious, how many of you guys wear suits and how often? I am not a suit guy by any means, and I feel more comfortable wearing jeans and a nice shirt. But I do want to get a new one, just so I can have something nice to wear occasionally. I am leaning towards a 4 button. I just like how they look on Pro Athletes. I guess my question, are they in style or popular just as much as a 3 button??

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I own about a dozen. All depends on what you like. The 2 button custom fitted is more "in" now but it's a higher two button than in the past with a shorter lapel. Get fitted properly no matter which way you go. Any specific questions, pm anytime.

sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
Anybody else think this said Buying a Slut? Because I did.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Italian Style ..

Saturday-Night-Fever_Karen-Lynn-Gorney_chiffon-dress-mid.bmp.jpg

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I own about a dozen. All depends on what you like. The 2 button custom fitted is more "in" now but it's a higher two button than in the past with a shorter lapel. Get fitted properly no matter which way you go. Any specific questions, pm anytime.

I really like the 4 button, so I will probably go that route. I have seen the 2 button, I guess I would have to see it on me first. By all means, I will get fitted. There is an excellent tailor by me, and Ive already spoke with him. He said he would hook me up on cost, fit, etc. Guy is excellent. He has a wall of athletes, celebrities, etc. that he tailor made suits for. He comes highly recommended.

What about going with solid colors or pinstripes? Are pinstripes in style??

LMAO!

Italian Style ..

Saturday-Night-Fever_Karen-Lynn-Gorney_chiffon-dress-mid.bmp.jpg

Always one wise guy at TID.. Im sure 69nites will have a funny to make too.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If you go stripes, I would go real faint stripes. Nothing to pronounced. I'll take a couple pics. Gimme 10-15. 4 buttons are aggressive but its about what YOU want. If its for Vegas, do it up loud but never button the bottom button and always unhook before you sit.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
If you go stripes, I would go real faint stripes. Nothing to pronounced. I'll take a couple pics. Gimme 10-15. 4 buttons are aggressive but its about what YOU want. If its for Vegas, do it up loud but never button the bottom button and always unhook before you sit.

Yeah, I like the faint stripe look. Nothing to pronounced like you said. I just think the 4 button fits my style/personality. Its not for vegas. I know about not buttoning the bottom button.. :) Thanks for the tips.. Looking forward to the pics too..

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
In my defence it's Saturday night and I'm tired, but I thought it said 'Burying a Shit'.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
I have a few suits, my favourite of which is a tailored bright red 2 button, thick black lapels with black stitching. Turns heads, definitely loud

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Italian I have worn two suites one was at my engagement and the other was at my wedding.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I occasionally have to wear a suit for work. Mine is Brooks Brothers off the rack. It sucks because I had to buy the largest (50") they had, but it is made for a fat person, not an athletic one. . .

And now I am dieting it looks even more ridiculous on me, though the shoulders are getting so tight I am worried I might split it. My next suit will have to be custom made, because I won't find anything on the rack that will fit me.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't wear suits anymore but I used to have 7 b/c of my coporate gig. Hate'm and I'm happy not to wear them. For me it was solid and 2 button.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic