Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Buying A Suit

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Thanks guys, lots of good info in this thread. Appreciate the feedback..

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
not sure how tall you are or what type of environment you need to wear the suit, but anything business i would stay with the two button. going out i may consider other styles. i wear a 52. Ralph Lauren, Sean john is what i have mostly, but to get these tailored with the shape we have cost a ton. i can get a better fit going to a big and small man shop. at a traditional store a 52 suit comes with a 48-50 inch waist and with one suit my front pockets were in the rear they had to take it in so much. and the length between the crouch and the top of the pants is long.....the crouch was damn near to my knees.

also, if there is a Mens warehouse in your area, compare prices and shop around. I didn't find anything under $700 for what i liked....but found better deals at the outlet malls.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I haven't bought a suit since I was in 8th grade.

Wow that's a long time !

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Man that was a fast response. You must get an email everytime someone responds.

stop hijacking the thread....tapatalk gives instant notifications and I'm bored to shit at work.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
On a serious note, I don't dress up very often. But I do like a nice suit.

I'd like to have a black suit with yellow pin stripes. Always wanted one.

Would love to see a photo of the suit when you get it IM!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
In my old job I had to wear a suit every day. Now, just when I'm in the mood. I would go with a 3 button because it will remain in style. I also like black, gray, navy and brown. I'm color blind and it helps when putting shirt, tie, socks and shoes together. Although one day I did wear one black shoe and one brown one to work lol.

P

poundpuppy

Sep 25, 2011
Uphill that's what I did. But I got a hot ass stripper to go with me. She has good taste and got me a discount since she dressed up. Took her to dinner to say thanks and got free drinks. I shoulda chained her to the radiator...

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Just bought a hickey freeman black 2 button to wear to a wedding ... The department store models are nice and have a European styling to them and a big drop so if you have a small waist like me this is excellent ...I'm 5"6 and wear a 44 with a 30" waist and a 16 -17" neck

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic