Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Working out shirtless and barefoot in summer

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
Ok its summer and our gym gets hella hot. My feet get swolen and it just hell, that said I see a few guys lift shirtless and with either barefeet or flip flops. Any one else have people getting away with that in their gym? I especially think its dangerous to do squats and deads barefoot. I would add that during the summer the weightroom doesn't get much use.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
That is fucking disgusting. I see all these little teenie football playing fags in my flipflops and socks. Seriously? No amount of "no homo" will save you from that. It's the 21st century here, lets put some socks and shoes on and not disgust everyone in the gym with the sight of your feet or smell. When i started out taking 20iu's of rips per day my feet bearly fit my shoes, but I still got them on. Shirtless, really? Is that necessary? No. Attention whores. I did 3 tours to iraq, worked out in the gym during 120-130 degree heat in my cammies and boots. Suck it up.

Stop making excuses to be gay, LOL!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Zomb, I always love your posts, LOL!

The general rule I have is that I shouldn't ever have to see a male nipple in the gym. A female nipple is OK....

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Zomb thanx for your service and sacrifice. That sand box was nasty! I need the support of good shoes or boots, keeps the ankles from rolling.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Barefoot, or in socks, is actually VERY popular in powerlifting. On deads it's less the bar has to travel and theres no cushioning, allowing a more firm stance/press. I always deadlift in my socks. Converse for squatting, but deadlift with socks. Try it, youll never go back. The shirtless bs is disrespectful IMO, my gym doesnt allow it. Ive seen it a couple times late night, just makes them look like idiots.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I guess I am the only one who dropped a plate on their foot before. Bad enough sweaty fuckers don't wipe equipment down after they use it, don't want a shirtless person touching stuff before me.

Flip flops and socks, I never understood the point, looks stupid and your feet are not breathing.

N

Nick

Jul 27, 2012
I don't see a problem with lifting with lifting with no top on IF it's because it's too hot. It's not always fags showing off. If your too hot and uncomfortable Then why not take it off to cool down. People care too much about what other people Do in the gym, just get on with your own workout. And deadlift with no shoes is the best way imo.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Taking your shirt off while busting ass in the gym isn't really gonna cool you down. You'd do better to invest in some high tech training shirts...

It's just unsanitary

I don't mind people that dead in socks. My girl Hips does. And at the end of her set she puts her shoes back on.

I personally like having a tee on, especially when I bench. Helps stick me to the bench.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I work out in my garage with a rain jacket on. The only time your shirt should be off in the gym is when you are in the locker room changing. As for deads or squates in socks or bare feet, bad idea in my oppinion. But, to each thier own.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I guess I am the only one who dropped a plate on their foot before. Bad enough sweaty fuckers don't wipe equipment down after they use it, don't want a shirtless person touching stuff before me.

Flip flops and socks, I never understood the point, looks stupid and your feet are not breathing.

You're not! I dropped a 45lbs plate on my big toe a few months ago. It was brutal. I still don't have a nail.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You're not! I dropped a 45lbs plate on my big toe a few months ago. It was brutal. I still don't have a nail.

Yep, right off the shoulder press, right on the big toe, amazed at how big the big toe can get! Point is, at least with a sneaker and sock there was some cushion.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Yeah one time this really fat guy took his shirt off and he looked like an ape with all his body hair and he was sweating everywhere. I couldnt help but laugh but I dont care who you are leave your shirt on til you get home.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic