Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Why We Juice. The Psychology and Mentality Behind Our Steroid Use.

mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein

Dec 7, 2015
It is always therapeutic to know that you are not alone in your mentality. It is important to understand why you do the things that you do, and this thread will help us explore our tendancies and the reasoning behind them. The more we understand why we do things, and our mentality, the better decisions we can make for our future. Most of us have some kind of back story that links to the reasoning for our steroid use. I am sure I can relate to many of your stories, and hearing them makes me take solace that the way I think might be "normal".

I am sure I have a similar story as many on here. I was skinny in adolescence and picked on because of it. I started lifting weights heavily to compensate and never looked back. I gained size, but many other people were more muscular and bigger, so I felt inadequate. When I finally Did my first cycle, I gained 30lbs of muscle and put 80lbs on my bench in 4 weeks. As I continued, I kept getting bigger and stronger. There were far a few between that I thought looked bigger and better than I, yet I had an inferiority complex, self image issues, body dysmorphia, or whatever you want to call the concept that I could not get big enough and if I lost a pound I was self conscious about it.

I have lived two completely different lives. One without anabolic steroids, and the one after my first cycle until present. After that first cycle I was suddenly respected. People would now move out of my way in a bar and apologize even if I bumped in to them. My boss suddenly gave me a raise for no reason. Heads would turn when I entered a room. People made an effort to be extra nice to me.

I have lived two lives, and I like this one much, much better.

Sometimes we don't understand the real reasons motivating our life decisions, and this thread may help people understand why they have decided to use steroids. If anyone else would like to share their hidden reasons for their use, it helps us as a community relate and understand the reasoning behind our actions.

Thanks everyone!

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
For me I've always been a recreational drugs user. Thank God never habitual. However, pop a xani go to the beach, go out all night do a bump, have a cook out smoke an L. I also have always worked out. Football n boxing ect as a youth weights as I aged. Once I realized juice could be done responsibly and fairly safely while enhancing my life I was full steam ahead. Then after you realize you made 2-3x the progress over a timeline how could you not fall in love.

Then you try tren and your significant other falls in love with it to. Lol

mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein

Dec 7, 2015
I put this in the wrong thread. Maybe an admin can move it to the appropriate location. Until then, let's keep the discussion going. Thank you Gms585, now how about some more reasons for our use?

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
To be honest. I was anti drug for years and years. Most of my early years in competition was supplement and drug free. I won my first overall in 1998 and completely drug free. BUT with that type of training to achieve the results I got I did start to suffer injuries. Fractured back, partial micro tears in quads, biceps, and finally a full quad tear). The use of gear is the only thing that got me back AND pushed me two weight classes up. Iam 45 and stay on trt all year round unless doing a show. Training for masters now and without gear I don't think I would be able too. So for me it has become a necessary evil.
For those who know me I have tendencies to go extreme in what ever I do. Gear is no exception. Lol

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Agreed. There's a price to pay but honestly at 46...walking around like a "fucking teenage warlord"** is pretty damn satisfying and not many get to feel that good in their middle age o_O

**drunk lady who felt me up outside the Wawa a few months ago.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm with Mike. I like staying in shape, and surprising people when they find out my age. But I get pretty tired of people characterizing my dedication to staying in shape as some type of character flaw. I'm not a narcissist, I'm not insecure, I'm not trying to compensate for something. I'm just going to the gym daily and staying in shape.

Spending hours each day in front of the TV or playing video games.... now THAT'S a character flaw! LOL

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
It was never really like that for me. I did my first cycle at around age 30 after 15 years of training natural. All progress had stopped and I had just been spinning my wheels for 2-3 years after coming off of some GNC pro-hormone crap that fucked me up. After that first cycle I figured out if done correctly steroids just made me back to how I was at 18-19. They were not the poison I had always been told they were. I'd been lied to. I like being in decent shape for my age and 2-3 times stronger than the average man. Also with 17 years of Gracie Jiu-jitsu and 25 years of Muay Thai my body just won't stand up to the training anymore without help.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Tommyguns, man, you always have a well thought out, well written response.
I started cause I had been lifting MANY years and was an incredibly hard gainer. My genetics blow.
I never used enough to be big, but now that I've passed 60, my head looks my age, but my body literally looks 35.
I look like a middleweight boxer (which I actually was for about 5 years at 50 years old!)
I couldn't have achieved near what I have without test.
I've tried lots of things, cause I have a rec drug user mentality, but I found out all I need is test e.
More in summer, less in winter. I'll never quit while I'm healthy.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I couldn't
Agreed. There's a price to pay but honestly at 46...walking around like a "fucking teenage warlord"** is pretty damn satisfying and not many get to feel that good in their middle age o_O

**drunk lady who felt me up outside the Wawa a few months ago.

I couldn't help but to laugh Mike!...Of course, with you, not at you!... I don't juice, however, I do know what you mean when comparing to the "young" bucks!...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic