Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Why the USAPL sucks

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Ask Brian Siders....didn't he get banned for competing against Ed Coan because Ed was banned or suspended due to a positive PED test? Apparently you can't compete against suspended lifters. Oh and forget about competing outside your fed, if you do, you're banned. Or how about having the UA police show up at your house unannounced for a drug test. **** that.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
My goal besides rehabbing is RUM. Tight judging and you get the best of the best in raw powerlifting.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Ask Brian Siders....didn't he get banned for competing against Ed Coan because Ed was banned or suspended due to a positive PED test? Apparently you can't compete against suspended lifters. Oh and forget about competing outside your fed, if you do, you're banned. Or how about having the UA police show up at your house unannounced for a drug test. **** that.

I actually talked to Ed about that at a meet this last summer..... People call it the Ed Coan rule because it didn't exist until they booted Coan and when one of their lifters competed against him they banned the lifter.
Ed seemed to think that it was funny as hell...... good guy.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I actually talked to Ed about that at a meet this last summer..... People call it the Ed Coan rule because it didn't exist until they booted Coan and when one of their lifters competed against him they banned the lifter.
Ed seemed to think that it was funny as hell...... good guy.

Too much politics. I'm also friends with Nick Weite and his brother and it's crazy how have so much BS and rules. Telling when and where to lift. Making up rules as they go. Banning or suspending you if you don't ask permission to compete in a meet they deem worthy? C'mon! Crazy. Who needs it. Granted they are strict on lifts, but I guess they way I look at it, is my ultimate goal is to make RUM and RUM is just as strict as they are so I would assume I train that way. So I will lift in the UPA, APF or whatever other fed that doesn't piss me off or get stupid with their rules and hopefully it will lead me to RUM. They boast of their strict judging and drug testing but I think it's more about if you piss them off or not. Some of their "show ponies" seem to dodge the proverbial drug testing quite often. Regardless, most feds at least attempt to make judging standardized. You might night get ATG on every squat but most try to get deep enough. The arguments over world records being broken over suspect lifts will go on forever. Records are being broken left and right and for the most part, they are legit. Dan Green is a good example. OR Eric Spoto breaking Mendy's bench record. If you really got down to the nitty gritty, most lifters aren't the problem, it's the people running the feds.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic