Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Whey vs. Casein Protein

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Food all the way along with training and steroids.the thing is how do you really know what's in the powder is actually true to what there advertising.i have used both and I prefer whey whpi isolate when I miss a meal.with solid food you know what your putting in your body

I see you point. I stay away from all major companies. The best protien Supps are not from the major names.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
you do know that all th stuff GNC sells from any manufacturer is sent to an outside lab to verify what is in it before they sell it in their stores, it is a legal issue thing for them, so you do KNOW what you are getting from them at least.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I believe your getting what the label says for the most part. The proprietary blends is what get people. You only have to have a trace of it to be able to put it on the ingredients. So I believe the most of it would be say protein concentrate or ion-exchange. I've been using allmax nutrition isoflex for years. Now that company is really taking off. That and some of the protien from prosource and they really do no advertising and just have a site and catalogue. There is no middleman there and they do EVERTHING them selves.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
...but I cannot imagine your health improving so vastly, care to expand on that for me?
Okay, first off I suffered from bad sinus problems all of my life ~ blocked nose, post nasal drip etc. Have had three operations to try and help my breathing and none of them made any difference. I was reading up on how milk and dairy are mucous forming so I though I'd cut them out just to see if it helped, not really expecting much to happen. I switched to a plant based protein powder, stopped drinking milk and cut more or less all dairy products and within 3 month my sinus problems were gone.

In terms of my health problems, I suffered a small heart attack during a half marathon in 2010. Found out afterwards through my cardiologist that I also had a heart murmur (known as aortic stenosis) and my BP was 160/70. Bloods showed my cholesterol levels at nearly 8.5 mmol/L and my doctor prescribed me high dose statins and beta blockers. I told him to give me 6 months to try and get them down naturally and if that didn't work the I'd consider them.

I turned vegetarian, completely turned my diet around, for 6 months I took a high strength fish oil, kyolic garlic, red yeast rice and hawthorn. By the time I went back to the doctor I had lowered my cholesterol to 4.5 mmol/L and my BP was 120/70; my resting pulse rate had gone from 70 down to about 45bpm and my sinus problems were a thing of the past.

I was advised by my cardiologist to stop distance running as he thought the cumulative effect of an elevated HR was a potential danger, but he gave me the thimbs up to do weights and powerlifting if I keep an eye on things, fine by me! Anyway, that's my little story mate, sorry to ramble on haha.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Well I have to look at the china study...
Yes, please do. I'm sure you'll find it very interesting in terms of casein and its' relationship/correlation to cancer. Cancer is basically a disease caused by a mass of clonal cells and casein seem to have the potential to speed up the growth rate of cancer tumor cells (1, 2, 3); with cancer cells containing the full range of biomolecules needed for survival, consuming something that could give them any additional help in growing and survival makes no sense to me.

References to cancer and casein:

1) The International Journal of Cancer
2)
The China Study, 2003
3)
The Cancer Atlas Survey

Interested to hear what you or anybody else thinks MF.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Egg protein in the morning

Whey Post Workout

Milk Protein rigth before bed.

The rest of the day is real food for me..

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Okay, first off I suffered from bad sinus problems all of my life ~ blocked nose, post nasal drip etc. Have had three operations to try and help my breathing and none of them made any difference. I was reading up on how milk and dairy are mucous forming so I though I'd cut them out just to see if it helped, not really expecting much to happen. I switched to a plant based protein powder, stopped drinking milk and cut more or less all dairy products and within 3 month my sinus problems were gone.

In terms of my health problems, I suffered a small heart attack during a half marathon in 2010. Found out afterwards through my cardiologist that I also had a heart murmur (known as aortic stenosis) and my BP was 160/70. Bloods showed my cholesterol levels at nearly 8.5 mmol/L and my doctor prescribed me high dose statins and beta blockers. I told him to give me 6 months to try and get them down naturally and if that didn't work the I'd consider them.

I turned vegetarian, completely turned my diet around, for 6 months I took a high strength fish oil, kyolic garlic, red yeast rice and hawthorn. By the time I went back to the doctor I had lowered my cholesterol to 4.5 mmol/L and my BP was 120/70; my resting pulse rate had gone from 70 down to about 45bpm and my sinus problems were a thing of the past.

I was advised by my cardiologist to stop distance running as he thought the cumulative effect of an elevated HR was a potential danger, but he gave me the thimbs up to do weights and powerlifting if I keep an eye on things, fine by me! Anyway, that's my little story mate, sorry to ramble on haha.

Looking around on the internet you can also find valid analysis that refutes the China study and honestly MF, it sounds like you had some autoimmune issues with dairy. But it is not my intention to get into an argument about this "diet" being better than that "diet".

My contention is that people are different and that many of us may be suffering, be it only a little or maybe a lot, some kind of health issue related to diet. It has definitely been established that there are a great many foods out there that cause people issues and I put my own story in my log as well that sent me in an opposite direction than MF. I am not saying I am right, I am only saying what I did worked for me just as what MF did worked for him. So, pay attention to what you eat and if you feel like your physical and mental well-being just isn't quite right or how you think it should be it just might be food related and by removing certain foods known to cause people issues you just might yourself feeling much better such as MF and I did by changing the way we eat. Cheers, mate.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Looking around on the internet you can also find valid analysis that refutes the China study and honestly MF, it sounds like you had some autoimmune issues with dairy. But it is not my intention to get into an argument about this "diet" being better than that "diet".

My contention is that people are different and that many of us may be suffering, be it only a little or maybe a lot, some kind of health issue related to diet. It has definitely been established that there are a great many foods out there that cause people issues and I put my own story in my log as well that sent me in an opposite direction than MF. I am not saying I am right, I am only saying what I did worked for me just as what MF did worked for him. So, pay attention to what you eat and if you feel like your physical and mental well-being just isn't quite right or how you think it should be it just might be food related and by removing certain foods known to cause people issues you just might yourself feeling much better such as MF and I did by changing the way we eat. Cheers, mate.
Nice post, thanks Dan MF.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Looking around on the internet you can also find valid analysis that refutes the China study and honestly MF, it sounds like you had some autoimmune issues with dairy.

You are absolutely correct Dan. In fact there is more data that refutes this study than supports it IMO.

The China Study was supposed to be a landmark EPIDEMIOLOGICAL collaborative investigation (between China, Cornell, Oxford universities) into the risks of saturated fat consumption.

The methodology used was a "longitudinal retrospective comparative analysis" of BLOOD TESTS PERFORMED on subjects within 1973-1975 and again some TEN years later between 1983-1985. The two data set were collated and contrasted to determine the "new incidence" of specific diseases such as: Breast, Colon and Prostate CA, Diabetes, ASCVD etc.

Importantly, it was assumed any increased frequency of these diseases would be considered the result of China's dietary modifications, which was deemed vegetarian and healthful in the 1970's, to that of the Western diet, which was fat laden and leading to premature death in the 1980's.

However because the investigators failed to determine the dietary variance which was becoming more commonplace in many of China's provinces, they overlooked and did not realize the Western diet had already influenced China's saturated fat consumption as early as the 1960's.

This factor has become a major criticism of the study conclusions, since follow-up research has discovered a significant portion of the 1973-75 vegetarian cohort, ALSO consumed a considerable amount of animal fat, and for some it constituted more than 50% of their daily caloric needs!

Obviously this factor alone could limit the studies utility and reliability since relatively minor deviations in dietary animal fat consumption could (and did) significantly skew the data.

It also enables authors to "cherry pick" data for analysis, based on their own biases which Mr Campbell obviously did for his book "The China Study" published some 20 years later.

What's even more worrisome is the CAUSAL relationships often quoted from this EPIDEMIOLOGY study should not been made from the outset, since data from ANY EPIDEMIOLOGICAL investigation should be used to correlate, variable associations (such as animal fat consumption and heart disease) and NOT causation!

respects
jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic