Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Whey Protein Sucks any good substitutes?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Steak.....

Dollar for dollar it is tough to beat a shake and believe me I am a HUGE carnivore:p Real food is also much higher in cals if trying to cut, I have tried both ways many times and I know there are a lot of guys that would argue the "real food" issue all day but he specifically stated he is dieting and needs to supplement.
IE: he does not want "fatceps"...lol

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Dollar for dollar it is tough to beat a shake and believe me I am a HUGE carnivore:p Real food is also much higher in cals if trying to cut, I have tried both ways many times and I know there are a lot of guys that would argue the "real food" issue all day but he specifically stated he is dieting and needs to supplement.
IE: he does not want "fatceps"...lol

Eggwhites in the long run is simply a better protein, and its natures best!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I hate whey protein. I hate its taste. I hate its consistency, and most of all, I hate what it does to my digestion (bloat, gas and the sh*ts).

But since I am dieting, I need something to replace the extra meals I am missing. What should I substitute? Maybe some egg whites? Or a BCAA drink?

Thanks for listening!

To much whey does the same to me.

I don't drink whey only anymore.

I mix pasteurized eggwhites from a carton 50/50 with whey protein.

The eggs are heated during the pasteurization process.

25g egg whites and 25g whey.

You could even play with the numbers for less whey.

I add a splash of water to change the texture, it just thins it out.

It's the only protein shake I haven't gotten tired of.

I wish I would have tried it years ago.

It makes for a better quality shake.

You can get the cartons from any grocery store.

HDH

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I have used a pea protein isolate for over 6 months now, great digestibility and amino acid profile. Could be worth a try? Here's my one:

NUZEST_PROTEIN_LABEL.gif

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Have you tried Soy Protein? Or vegetable protein ? Are you missing meals because of schedule ?
I'll have to try those. I have cut three extra meals per day from my diet, to get my Kcals down. My trainer wants me to have whey protein shake where I used to have my meals. I just can't stand whey protein -- at least the brand I am using.

what protein are you using?
Have you tried Amplify XXL from PPN ?
Sometimes the quality of the product makes a HUGE difference not all wheys are the same even the GNC pro performance red lable is an awesome product for the $$$$ and myself I get no bad effects from it.

I have always used 100% Gold Standard Whey from Optimum Nutrition. I got the double rich chocolate and when I mix it with milk (bulking) it is fine. But with water I can't stand it. I'll give those others a try to see if I like them better.

I switched over to raw eggs because of lactose intolerance,have never looked back,,way better for me

Thanks. That is the type of advice I am looking for. I have never thought myself lactose intolerant (I grew up on a farm drinking raw milk by golly), but maybe that's my problem. But I thought whey protein does not have lactose in it???

What kind of whey are you using?

Pure Whey Isolate tends to be MUCH easier on the digestive tract than concentrates.

Yep the one I am using has both isolates and concentrates. I'll have to look for isolates alone to see how I like them.

How about flavored egg whites?

http://www.muscleegg.com/

Yum. This is the first purchase I'll make.

I use quite a bit of NOW unflavored isolate. Just pure 90%WPI....nothing added. It is cold process and micro filtered so all the good nutrients are still in there. You can add it to about anything.
https://www.google.com/search?q=now...or.r_qf.&fp=b96314d0eda7c572&biw=1706&bih=903

Excellent. You can always count on MacGyver for good advice!

You wont find a better value either. WAY cheaper then even the crap people eat from sam's or costco. They think they are getting a good deal on that stuff....but look at the actual percentage of protein the stuff is by weight. It has a ton of added fillers...etc.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
To much whey does the same to me.

I don't drink whey only anymore.

I mix pasteurized eggwhites from a carton 50/50 with whey protein.

The eggs are heated during the pasteurization process.

25g egg whites and 25g whey.

You could even play with the numbers for less whey.

I add a splash of water to change the texture, it just thins it out.

It's the only protein shake I haven't gotten tired of.

I wish I would have tried it years ago.

It makes for a better quality shake.

You can get the cartons from any grocery store.

HDH

Thanks bud. I am about to start buying pasteurized egg whites again, to cut down on the eggs in my breakfast. So now I'll buy enough to have them as a protein shake!

I have used a pea protein isolate for over 6 months now, great digestibility and amino acid profile. Could be worth a try? Here's my one:

NUZEST_PROTEIN_LABEL.gif

Yes, I wondered about that. I doubt my grocery store carries that so I'll look on Amazon for it.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Yes, I wondered about that. I doubt my grocery store carries that so I'll look on Amazon for it.
This is the one I use:

http://www.nuzest.com/clean-lean-protein

Looks like they do ship internationally, but I don't know how that would work out with the cost side of things. You might be able to find an equivalent where you anyway. The main thing I noticed after switching from whey was less bloating.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
After enduring several days of increasingly worse intestinal discomfort due to consuming Whey Protein shakes, I stopped.

Today I bought Eggbeater Pasteurized Egg Whites and I'm going to use those to supplement my in between meals instead of whey protein. Also, I ordered some Pea protein powder and some hemp protein powder from Amazon.

I'm done with Whey Protein for good. Some or all of these others should help me meet my nutritional requirements without the bloat, horrible gas, and s#*ts I got from the Whey Protein!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
All the best with the switch out WW, interested to hear how you respond to a different form of protein.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic