Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

when is the right time?

rolldice

rolldice

VIP Member
Jul 13, 2011
ok so as you mau know I am getting a divorce from my wife of almost 9 years. Not what I wanted but no fix for the problme and she has changed over the last 3 months we have been seperated. We are filling in Jan and she is moving out of the house after xmas. I am currently staying at my parents until she moves out.
My question is when can I try to get back on the proverbial bike of dating? I am not looking for anything serious just someone to have fun with and hang out with when I do not have my boys.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
You dont owe anyone anything. When the divorce is settled, get on the prowl.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
ok so as you mau know I am getting a divorce from my wife of almost 9 years. Not what I wanted but no fix for the problme and she has changed over the last 3 months we have been seperated. We are filling in Jan and she is moving out of the house after xmas. I am currently staying at my parents until she moves out.
My question is when can I try to get back on the proverbial bike of dating? I am not looking for anything serious just someone to have fun with and hang out with when I do not have my boys.

just get out keep yourself busy and if something catches your eye go for it. you cant plan being attracted to somebody, shit just happens

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
You know RD I didnt think I would get back on the horse very fast after my divorce but I met someone right off the bat while I was going through the seperation, we dated a year and a half and ended it on good terms.
I wasnt expecting it, didnt even really want it, but when the right person comes along I just go with it.
No time limit, you will really know when your ready again, could be next week, then again could be 8 months from now...the important thing for me was to reflect on my relationship marriage, and think about the things I could have done better and work on improving them for my next relationship.
Even though my ex was a scumbag, theres always room for improvement and relationships are about learning and growing.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
after my divorce i had several short relationships, all that sucked. i took 2 years off from dating and just spent the time getting to know who i was again and what i liked and didnt like and spending time with the monchers. it was the best thing that i ever did! the relationship i am in now is better than any i have ever had because i was in a good place and knew what i wanted and more importantly who i was!

there is nothing wrong with being alone for awhile.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Go out and if you find something you like go for it but I wouldn't rush into a relationship......just stick with one night stands 'till you've gotten it outta your system.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic