Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What is cheating?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
A recent thread about synthol inspired me to write this thread. There are drugs on the horizon that may produce results beyond what we can imagine with less side effects. Sarms and myostatin inhibitors to name a few. So what if a drug were released that could put slabs of muscle on you without ever going to the gym? What if that drug also made you stronger than you have ever been? Would you still go to the gym? Would you still keep squatting weight outside your comfort zone? Would you want to stand on stage next to someone who never trained but looks better than you? In power lifting, technique is more important and would require practice so that may be a reason to continue to train. Us bbers can't really say the same.

Where do we draw the line?

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
So what if a drug were released that could put slabs of muscle on you without ever going to the gym?

n7NYnJF.png

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8637535

What if that drug also made you stronger than you have ever been? Would you still go to the gym? Would you still keep squatting weight outside your comfort zone? Would you want to stand on stage next to someone who never trained but looks better than you? In power lifting, technique is more important and would require practice so that may be a reason to continue to train. Us bbers can't really say the same.

Where do we draw the line?

It has been established that anabloic steroids make people larger and stronger when they lift. People will still continue to train no matter what benefit a PED has to achieve the maximum benefit.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
There is another drug they are trying to finalize the testing and eventually get approved that has huge potential in burning fat and building muscle without any work.

Course, let's also not forget the myostatin inhibitor they have been working on for years.

I am going ot be honest. If it ever gets to a point where someone can end up looking like a national level dude without ever leaving the couch, that's just going ot be ridiculous. I don't see the FDA ever passing anything like this though, so it will be a black market item.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Trying to get better or above ones natural limits is totally achievable with AAS. GH, Slin and SEO's make people with bad genetics or average genetics pro's. They don't always look that good or proportional and they don't even aestheticaly compare to those who are genetically blessed, but they do become pro's. I don't think this happens with any other sport. You either got it or not and chemicals just give you that edge you need. So yeah, in my opinion that's cheating.

Bodybuilders looked perfect until the late 80's. Now they do look sick and gigantic and it's cool to see them but i think it's just too much. Maybe this mutation/evolution was necessary for the sport to survive to our days, although I choose not to believe that.

This sport (as well as many other sports) have become chemical warfare. Just think of how many injections daily a pro bb gives to himself considering they take grams of AAS and at least 30 units of insulin and 15-20iu of GH.

I am not judging anyone or anyones choices btw, just stating the obvious.

flex001

flex001

May 15, 2013
If we both take the same chemical and just sit on the couch, one of us will still have a better physique. It's essentially equal to using gear. It's just that less work is involved in this particular case. Yeah, I agree it would definitely be ridiculous but I'm sure it would have the same plusses and minuses that gear has. If it took the place of diet, you would still require some kind of gym sculpture work in my opinion. Proportion would be hard to come by without hitting the gym.

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
If they came up with drugs like that,it would take all the fun out of bb for me.I get guys in the gym asking me for advice on lifting and diet all the time.One of the biggest reasons i like bodybuilding it's a 24hr a day job.keeps me out of trouble.

if you could just pump your body full of shit to look great,then everyone would do it.Then you would get guys asking you questions like"what size pin did you use to put all that goo in your body"Lol..btw i have nothing against guys that do that.it just seems like it's getting to be a contest to see who can put the most compounds/SEO/AAS/SLIN/GH into their bodys..oh well not hating it is what it is.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It's not cheating if no one knows.

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I'm definitely interested in a real myostatin inhibitor. I'd be lifting no matter what I took. Therapy!

Hero Swole

Hero Swole

Apr 18, 2013
Sports will just have to accept and adapt to these new advantages or be in denial and branch off to create other divisions with different set of qualifications.

Me personally im on the side that uses whatever means possible to achieve a goal. You cant truly police ped use In a consistent matter. Some people will just cheat the system its simply to easy to do so.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
If you read the ifbb manual it prohibits performing enhancement being used lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic