Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What do you do when you are sad/unhappy to make yourself happy again?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
LK... Ohhhh look!!!

three-stooges-curly-bs.gif

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Well I'm ignorant then, my friend just lost her 12 year old son and people began quoting religious stuff to her and telling her heaven was a better place for him and quite frankly it was the absolute last thing she needed to here.
It made her so upset and angry as the best place for her child was by her side! And not in "heaven"
I also received a diagnosis years ago that changed my life forever and was bombarded with religious quotes and stuff like that and I actually ended up asking people to how can I put it . . . stfu!
It doesn't help every one ok maybe some I stand corrected but not everyone wants to be preached to.
I'm sorry if I offended anyone it's jut how I feel.
If there was a god my friend wouldn't be suicidal over her little lad dying.
It's not everyone's cup of tea. It's not mine and people should be just as sensitive towards preaching to none religious people because for a lot of people if your not religious those kind of quotes are hard to stomach.
So I'm ignorant and that's ok by me.
The Lord giveth and The Lord taketh away.
We live in a fallen world. The world is cursed (Genesis 3). The world is full of loss, pain, sorrow, hurt, death, illness, injustice, fraud, deceit, lies, deception: the negative list is endless. Therefore it is inevitable that our life will not always be rosy. Sometimes this is a consequence of our actions, sometimes this is the consequence of somebody else's actions, and sometimes it is simply a consequence of living on this earth.

To anyone who thinks they are entitled to another day another min another breath on this earth you are sadly mistaken. Live everyday as it was your last one. Cause it just might be.

Last edited:
Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Any time I'm moody , the gym helps. Even if I have worked out, I will go and get on the treadmill. I guess I have put so many hours in, its like a second home. and the people are always cool too.

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Life is shit for a lot of us sometimes. Only time will rite things in its own way. And during this journy you will figure out yourself what helps and what obviously is not going to help in the very slightest. Its about taking control of your own emotions, thoughts and turning them to a positive somehow. Maybe read a novel and pretend its real and get lost in that if it helps. . . . Or NOT. You will figure it out im sure.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I either train or ride the Harley to break down the blues.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Go for a drive and rock out to some music. Pray too.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
after reading through 5 pages of responses i've come to these 2 conclusions:
1. i'm not the only member here in therapy
2. i am possibly the only member here that doesnt believe in organized religion

both telling me you fukkkers are all crazy!

Last edited:
brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
after reading through 5 pages of responses i've come to these 2 conclusions:
1. i'm not the only member here in therapy
2. i am possibly the only member here that doesnt believe in organized religion

both telling me you fukkkers are all crazy!
you don't have to believe in organized religion to get profound meaning from a religious text. these volumes and beliefs withstand the test of time because they have deep seated roots in the human psyche and insights that are applicable in all walks of life.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
you don't have to believe in organized religion to get profound meaning from a religious text. these volumes and beliefs withstand the test of time because they have deep seated roots in the human psyche and insights that are applicable in all walks of life.
this is true.
however, I wasn't trying to push my beliefs (or disbeliefs) on anybody and I would appreciate the same respect in return. thanks
for the record, the reason these volumes and texts have withstood the test of time is because the believers in these volumes and texts throughout history have committed mass murder and attempted to erase and oppress any and all records of beliefs other than their own.
but hey, to each his own

brutus79

brutus79

Dec 27, 2013
this is true.
however, I wasn't trying to push my beliefs (or disbeliefs) on anybody and I would appreciate the same respect in return. thanks
for the record, the reason these volumes and texts have withstood the test of time is because the believers in these volumes and texts throughout history have committed mass murder and attempted to erase and oppress any and all records of beliefs other than their own.
but hey, to each his own
if you took my statement as pushing beliefs on you I apologize... I happen to be a militant atheist. the concept of god has always been impossible for me; I tend to see "miracles" as happy coincidences. I still enjoy a read in the bible or the Quran from time to time; I get equal pleasure reading Nietzsche. to each his own. mass murder for religion is as reprehensible as mass murder for oil or diamonds- although I would rather kill someone for something that would keep my house warm as opposed to an idea of something.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
if you took my statement as pushing beliefs on you I apologize... I happen to be a militant atheist. the concept of god has always been impossible for me; I tend to see "miracles" as happy coincidences. I still enjoy a read in the bible or the Quran from time to time; I get equal pleasure reading Nietzsche. to each his own. mass murder for religion is as reprehensible as mass murder for oil or diamonds- although I would rather kill someone for something that would keep my house warm as opposed to an idea of something.
well said.
I agree with all points made in this post.
I agree in your original post that one doesn't have to believe in organized religion in order to find profound meaning in scripture (loosely quoted). I have spent a lotta time (behind bars mostly) reading and studying different religious beliefs from around the world and I'd be lying if I said I never found meaning in quotes from different religious texts. That being said I can also think of fictional novels, movies, magazine articles, etc containing quotes that I have found meaning in as well

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic