Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What are you using for Liver Protection

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
What do you use for Liver Protection? Tyler's, Liv-52, ALA, etc? I had some bloodwork done and it came back that my liver values were elevated even though I have not been on cycle for 5 months. I want to know what the best thing out there is currently for liver protection.

T

thenextbigthing

Sep 9, 2012
TUDCA but over time the liver should heal naturally if you don't put stress on it

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
It's all bs. My liver values never changed when on NAC + Milk T + ALA. The liver will bounce back or adapt.

Oh, I was only taking 20mg of Accutane.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
liver protectors dont mean shit, just stay away from alcohol if ur using orals, like Zomb said, the liver heals itself it really can take a hell of a beating.

I know dude who run 300mg dbol and 300mg anadrol for 10 weeks before contest and they are fine, so your liver is a champ believe that lol.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I know dude who run 300mg dbol and 300mg anadrol for 10 weeks before contest and they are fine, so your liver is a champ believe that lol.

I do. HOLY FUCK! My ears would bleed.

S

sartac

May 12, 2012
Hope you guys run blood work, even if not on liver supplements. I've seem some labs jacked the F up from just superdrol, and not any extreme/acute or chronic amounts. Not to mention the fact that many compounds are backed by clinical studies and trials.

TUDCA, silymarin/milk thistle, liv52, NAC are fairly good and available.

More info:

CONTEXT:

Liver disease is a serious ailment and the scenario is worsened by the lack of precise therapeutic regimens. Currently available therapies for liver ailments are not apposite and systemic toxicity inhibits their long term use. Medicinal plants have been traditionally used for treating liver diseases since centuries as the toxicity factor appears to be on the lower side.

OBJECTIVE:

Several phytochemials have been identified which have significant hepatoprotective activity with minimal systemic adverse effects which could limit their long term use. The scenario calls for extensive investigations which can lead to development of lead molecules for hepatoprotective molecules of future. This review deals with the biological activity, mode of action and toxicity and forthcoming application of some of these leads.

METHODS:

These generally have strong antioxidative potential and cause induction of antioxidant enzymes like superoxide dismutase, reduced glutathione and catalase. Additional mechanisms of hepatoprotection include stimulation of heme oxygenase-1 activity, inhibition of nitric oxide production, hepatocyte apoptosis and nuclear factor-κB activation.

RESULTS AND CONCLUSION:

Out of the several leads obtained from plant sources as potential hepatoprotective agents, silymarin, andrographolide, neoandrographolide, curcumin, picroside, kutkoside, phyllanthin, hypophyllanthin, and glycyrrhizin have been established as potent hepatoprotective agents. The hepatoprotective potential of several herbal medicines has been clinically evaluated. Significant efficacy has been seen with silymarin, glycyrrhizin and Liv-52 in treatment of hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease and liver cirrhosis.

[PMID: 21595500]

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
NAC and ALA.......just make sure that if you are using ALA you get the potassium (K-RALA) or sodium (NA-RALA) bound versions so that you actually absorb it. Also, injectable Glutathione is by far the best liver detox that I have seen.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic