Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

What are thoughts on using Arginine?

T

trainer516

Jan 21, 2012
I'm curious as to thoughts on using Arginine? Good? Worthwhile?

Inquisitive

Inquisitive

Mar 24, 2012
yes. arginine and citrulline are vital components of cell signaling to the endothelial cells lining blood vessel. it tells them to relax and expand allowing for greater blood flow therefore better workout, recov, etc.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
JB has it right I believe... If you're lookin for a great pre-workout some cheap creatine monohydrate will do ya just fine :)

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
I recently added L-Arginine to my pre-workout and tried it for a few months. I didn't find any difference in my workouts, any enhanced pump or recovery. Doesn't mean it may not work for some but I didn't find any benefit.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Didnt do nothing for me, except waste my money.

T

trainer516

Jan 21, 2012
Thanks, guys. I'm not using it, just read a few things about it.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
I found it definately made me more vascular.5gms pre and post workout

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I think it is an ok supplement to have and things like NO Explode have it in there if you are taking a pre-workout formula so no need to add more.

Now higher doses of Arginine should not be taken if you have had a heart attack (from the little I have read in the past) and NEVER take if you have HSV1 or HSV2 (Oral or Genital Herpes). Arginine ratios too high and not counter balanced with Lysine can cause Higher Viral Shedding (easier to pass to others) and more outbreaks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic