Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

What are normal Testosterone levels?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I read somewhere that they can measure both total testosterone levels and free testosterone levels, and that the free testosterone numbers are most important--because that is measure of the "unbound" testosterone that is actually available for use. Is this correct?

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
My brother was just started on the pellet implants about 6 weeks ago. His foggy headedness went right away. He's not athletic but he loves the treatment. Goes to show that test is good for more than hardons and biceps.
theres more to it that this?!?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I read somewhere that they can measure both total testosterone levels and free testosterone levels, and that the free testosterone numbers are most important--because that is measure of the "unbound" testosterone that is actually available for use. Is this correct?

I believe you are correct big guy. When I checked mine prior to going on test it was 400 total and 10 free. I guess ok for an old man.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
You probably don't need an anti E with that protocol, not exactly the normal protocal by most docs. Does the combo of the cyp and gel keep estro at a decent range without The adex for you?

Hey Shine - I do have some liguid adex that I use if I get a little "weepy" LOL

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

Though I don't know the science of it, I believe this to be correct. Back in the 90's when I had a script from an Endo, I recall him explaining that the "free test" is in fact the important number.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
They can most certainly test for both off of one blood draw. I just pulled my bw from a few months back and the ranges they had listed for total test was 249 - 836 and the free test range was 8.7 - 25.1. Pretty sure the ranges are subjective to an extent dependent on the provider. I came in with a total test of 199 before my script.

C

carolinasown

Sep 6, 2011
Well the doctor just called and said we need to make an appointment to discuss treatment options for our low testosterone. It came back at 125...

Same thing happened to me. He could never get mine over 198 on test gel. This was after I had been off for some time. He then put me on 1 cc of test cyp every 2 weeks. After I started that, I felt like a million bucks. Never realized how bad I really felt off. Of course this was after years of being "on".

K

kimdorothi

When I was 28, I had mine done I beleive it was 480. IN the normal range, but I was also Fat 270pds. I went on a diet and at 29, 226pds my was 512. At 32 I had mine done again I was 192 pds been lifting for 5 yrs now, I was not on a cycle I had 950!!! The doctor wanted to test me again because he said we needed to get that down, I never went back. Also remember are test lvl change through out the day. So it is higher in the morning then at night.

side effects of steroids

savagem

savagem

Nov 13, 2011
Great...I am sitting at about 220 and my endocronologist ensures me its "at the range where i still wouldn't prescribe HRT". Interestingly enough its almost below safe levels yet I feel good. And even when I am off cycling at about 185lbs my strength is certainly above average. I have always assumed that this is from my younger and MORE STUPID days of taking test or 1AD and not off cycling properly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic