Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

What Am I Doing Wrong?

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
I will try to keep this short but I got out of hernia surgery 10 weeks ago, I gained nearly 40 lbs during the recovery time, I got back to lifting around thursday of last week, since I started back I have been lifting and doing cardio for over a hour each day in the form of boxing, treadmill and stationary bike.. My lifts are light weights with alot of reps and low rest times right now, 30 seconds or less, I have not lost a single pound and actually gained .6 lbs according to the scales.. I weighed around 360 lbs and got down to 294lbs before the surgery and im eating the same foods and doing pretty much the same cardio and lifting plan that helped me lose it before.. This time it's diffrent and I dont know why.. here is what I ate today and its pretty much the same everyday...

8am= Bananna, Green tea

11am= Protein shake

1pm= Turkey, Veggies, Olive oil

4pm= Chicken, Lettuce

8pm= Tuna, Mayo, 1 slice whole wheat bread

Im getting on average around 1100-1500 calories a day, Only thing I can think of is right after the surgery I did a keto diet for about 3 weeks, could have this screwed up my metabolism or something? I normally wouldnt be worried becuase before ths surgery I was taking off around 5lbs a week on average but I have actually gained this time so yea im worried.. Any Opinions on what im doing wrong?? Im going at a moderate pace on my cardio until I feel im ready to go very hard with the hernia..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
you arent eating enough to sustain a teenage girl. You need to up your calories.People in general will gain a bit back after keto due to carb depletion and water loss. I would start with upping your calories.But I know there are alot of folks on here that will have more detailed info than I am giving you.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I would agree with RR on this one. I think your body is in starvation mode and you will need to feed it more to get it kickstarted.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ya looks like ur starving yourself and ur body's holding on to it's reserves... Get some oats in the am and maybe a sweet potatoe or some other kind of carbs in there to.... Ur going to prolly need 3-4k calories ur a big boy and doing alot of training.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
i dont think your too far off though bro. I would just reccomend throwing some eggs in and maybe another protein shake and try to space everything out in 2 -3 hour incraments throught the day to keep your metaolism running in high gear. are you drinking enough water? all too often i see people doing almost everything right but they are borderline dehydrated seriously limiting the effectivness.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Yeah not to be a dick but your food choices suck, a bananna for breakfast? How bout protein with that meal.
You need to figure your protein requirements up and go from there.
5-6 meals with protein in ALL of them.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for all the info, I have been talking to a few people that workout and they said the same thing that im no where near enough on where I need to be calorie wise.. Im gonna up it this week and try to get atleast 2500-3000 calories a day... Thanks again for the advice.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
starving oneself never gets the results that we desire, believe me, i have tried it many many times! the long and slow road of proper nutrition and actually giving your body enough calories is a way better and more effective way to go. i can eat way more now and still be changing and losing bodyfat by eating right than i ever did when i was trying to starve myself. all i did then was lose muscle and keep my fat! not what most of us are aiming for!

if you want to drop bodyfat you have to eat! think of how great that is, actually eating and losing bodyfat! also be careful with the protien shakes and such because they can have a lot of simple carbs and fat. i have found that whole foods are by far the best and most effective for weight loss! shakes and bars are great for those who need to consume more calories and are trying to gain weight but really work against us who are trying to lose!

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
I have been eating more today, feel better already, I will weigh at the end of the week and see how it goes..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
ok so dont freak if you dont lose or gain a few pounds the first week.It is almost inevitable.I gain VERY easily .But trust the system and the people that have been there that you will start dropping weight once your body realizes you arent starving it.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
Just figured id update you all on how the calorie adjustment went, I have only lost 9 lbs since I started taking in between 2500-3000 calories a day but its better then gaining weight I suppose.. Im doing 2 hours of cardio a day plus about a hour of lifting a day, does this sound about right far as weight loss goes consideing I been on the diet a lil over 2 weeks now? I lost about 6lbs the first week and have lost around 3lbs since then... I been stuck at 340lbs for a few days though so that has me worried a lil but im gonna give it another day or two and see if the scales move any before I make adjustments..

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
Good to see you have made some progress. Massive fat loss has its challenges. I have only cut ~40lbs max at any given time. I look forward to seeing your progress. Stay at it!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic