Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Victor Conte Alleges Half of MLB Players use PEDS

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
Victor Conte, the former founder of BALCO, told USA Today’s Bob Nightengale he knew Melky Cabrera was cheating before the San Francisco Giants outfielder was suspended by Major League Baseball for using synthetic testosterone. Conte believes “as much as half” of current MLB players are using performance-enhancing drugs.

Wait, you’re saying that 50% of baseball players might still be cheating today, when the steroid era is supposed to be over?

“I’m not going to name names,” Conte said, “but I’ve talked to a lot of top players in Major League Baseball, and they tell me this is what they’re doing. There is rampant use of synthetic testosterone in Major League Baseball.”

Major League Baseball, which insists it has the most stringent drug-testing program in American sports, has difficulty believing the numbers could be that high.

“There is no way that Victor Conte would have information that would allow him to have any basis on that,” MLB vice president Rob Manfred told USA TODAY Sports. “He’s just making that up. It’s a guess.

“We use the very best, most sophisticated methodologies that are available.”

sports illustrated

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
If he was being accurate he would have said "almost every professional athlete in the united states uses PED"

B

bigdave1967

Nov 18, 2011
No kidding! Any rep of MLB is going to minimize the issue because they are trying to sell us a product, and they know the viewing public WANTS to believe this is a problem of the past, even as records set during the so-called STEROID ERA are being broken by these current athletes.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I have no doubt his claims have some validity, it is very easy to pass a test for PED's. It's simply an IQ test and the only one's that are getting caught are the stupid ones. Why does the media go crazy and blame the MLB every time someone pops for PED's. MLB does extensive testing, but until they start stationing a person to stand beside every major league player 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, they will never be able to keep the game clean. The media just doesn't understand how drug tests and the drugs themselves work. I understand that MLB is the poster child for steroids in sports because of the 80's and 90's, but let's be realistic. It's an issue in all sports, particularly football, not just baseball.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
im stunned its not higher......closer to 80% like canseco said

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic