Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Very first time lifting weights

F

FNBS

Aug 11, 2011
On the heel of the pumping iron thread, i know we all at one point picked up a weight and decided this is something i wanna do forever.. do you remember that point in time? what triggered it? for me it was the movie pumping iron i saw in '77 when i was 13.. i went home that day and put two cinder blocks on a broom stick and had my first makeshift barbell..even though they kept sliding off.. lol... it didnt matter though cause i was lifting weight. also used those old rusty window counterweights for dumbells. later that year my parents got me a weight set for x-mas.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I was 3 years old when I knew I was going to do this. My mom still has the picture I painted of myself doing a front double bicep, rainbow in the backround and all, lol... I would mess around with my dads weights at the age of 5, but did not start with my own actual set until the age of about 12.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I hadn't really thought abotu weightlifting much or done any until freshman year of high school when football started. I am so glad that I had that experience becuase football teaches you all the classic lifts like bench, squats, clean & jerk, deadlift, etc. I am glad I learned good form on those early too. After that it was always something I foudn myself coming back to.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The idiots that ran my baseball team in H.S. were stuck in the old ways of thinking that weightlifting would hinder athletic ability... So I didn't start until much later in life...

Truth be told I played two positions. Pitcher and Catcher (go ahead with the homo jokes)... Between destroying my shoulders in the gym and the crippling DOMS from squats I wouldn't want to have been doing either and then have to play ball!

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
The idiots that ran my baseball team in H.S. were stuck in the old ways of thinking that weightlifting would hinder athletic ability... So I didn't start until much later in life...

Truth be told I played two positions. Pitcher and Catcher (go ahead with the homo jokes)... Between destroying my shoulders in the gym and the crippling DOMS from squats I wouldn't want to have been doing either and then have to play ball!

Could be worse you coulda said started as a tight end and wound up a wide receiver :)

SuperG

SuperG

VIP Member
Jun 1, 2012
Started when I was 13. Tired of being a bean pole. Mom bought me a weight bench for the basement.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Used to curl a barbell before baseball games in little league. I thought that if my muscles were bigger I could swing harder. Figured the bat would be lighter too because it would work like swinging the donut. Haha - 70's Aerosmith on full blast in my bedroom at 10 years old.
My parents were probably like, "wtf is this kid thinking???"
Good stuff...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic