Members
Latest Member
jacobss

UFC 290: Volkanovski vs. Rodríguez July 8th PPV

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
FeatherweightAlexander Volkanovski (c)vs.Yair Rodríguez (ic)
FlyweightBrandon Moreno (c)vs.Alexandre Pantoja
MiddleweightRobert Whittakervs.Dricus du Plessis
LightweightJalin Turnervs.Dan Hooker
MiddleweightBo Nickalvs.Tresean Gore

This is a card to get exited about.

Volk vs Yair: Volk is the king, this guy smashes everyone (except when he goes up a weight class but was still competitive vs Islam who had one 11 in a row and 5 in a row as finishes but could not finish Volk who was the smaller man) Yair looked great vs Emmett. I think he is out of his depth with Volk. Max smashed Yair who is tough as nails and Volk smashed Max.

Moreno vs Pantoja: Moreno does not do boring fights. He has fought the best and his trilogy with Figueiredo was epic. I thought Moreno won the last. Pantoja is a brute, a real sub threat but will bang. Moreno has never been finished. this one will be epic!

Whit vs DDP: Whit seems to be on a real roll but just cannot get by the champ Izzy. He is supremely confident but DDP is legit and has fought some tough top level guys. he is not up and comer. DDP only has 1 decision win and a pretty even split of TKO/KO vs Subs. Cannot wait!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Can't wait to watch this tomorrow!!! Some GREAT fight:cool: Pantoja has already beat Moreno twice already....this is the one that counts though.

Tresean Gore dropped out so Bo is now fighting, Val Woodburn. I guess Val is undefeated, but I do not see a Wiki account for him.

Also, here is the undercard:

Robbie Lawler vs. Niko Price
Jack Della Maddalena vs Josiah Harrell <------was supposed to fight Sean Brady:( Brady dropped out this last week:(
Yazmin Jaureguivs. Denise Gomes
Jimmie Crute vs. Alonzo Menifield <------should be a banger.

I'm going Volk, Pantoja, Whittaker, Hooker and Nickal.

I think Yair will be a threat for Volk though with his unorthodox style, especially the kicking. I'm sure Volk has studied this and has a plan. My prediction is we'll see who has the advantage stylistically by the end of the 1st or 2nd rounds. If Volk cannot stop the kicking of Yair, then it will be a long unpredictable night for him. That said, and like Jipped mentioned, Volk devoured Max ion their last fight, and Max beat Yair just prior to that.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah this fight card has been plagued with cancelled fights. But the main part is golden. Bo Nickal is the biggest favorite ever in the history of the UFC. -2500. I think Val is +1500. A $100 bet on him and he gets that one KO shot and you will have a LOT of cash!

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Im going with all the main card favorites to win in all fights. The only one that I am uncertain about is the moreno fight, hoping he can pull it off the3rd time.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Well....the Jack Della Maddalena vs Josiah Harrell fight is off the card now. I guess Harrell dropped out, so JDM is scratched from the card now as well. Effin' sucks! Hopefully they put him on the next PPV with an opponent.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Yeah card was plagued but the main event is worth it.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This main card is pretty damn good, and we still have the co and main fights left!!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This card is off the chain! The Moreno/Pantoja fight was a gdamn war!!!

Still have the Volk/Yair fight, damn!

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I had to go to bed. Obviously I am up kinda early. 3am here. Missed it

• Fight of the Night: Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja
  • Performance of the Night: Denise Gomes and Dricus du Plessis

FeatherweightAlexander Volkanovski (c)def.Yair Rodríguez (ic)TKO (punches)34:19
FlyweightAlexandre Pantojadef.Brandon Moreno (c)Decision (split) (46–49, 48–47, 48–47)55:00
MiddleweightDricus du Plessisdef.Robert WhittakerTKO (punches)22:23
Catchweight (158 lb)Dan Hookerdef.Jalin TurnerDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)35:00
MiddleweightBo Nickaldef.Valentine WoodburnTKO (punches)10:38

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I guess Moreno broke his right hand early in the fight.

Also, Dan Hooker broke his arm at some point in the fight as well against Turner.

It makes sense now why Hooker tried to hold Jalin down in the final round or two instead of letting him back up and possibly trying to KO him on the feet. I'm not sure if this is the exact reason, but it might make some sense.

Both fights were super badass. I'm not sure who all got bonuses, but all 4 of these guys, from these 2 fights, should have something.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
  • Fight of the Night: Brandon Moreno vs. Alexandre Pantoja
  • Performance of the Night: Denise Gomes and Dricus du Plessis

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic