Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Type 1 Diabetes

D

DonPatr1ck

Aug 13, 2013
i am a 21 year old, type 1 diabetic.. and i'm trying to figure out a diet/meal plan to compliment my workout regimen, right now, my goal is lean. Fat loss is my focus, but i want to gain a little mass as well. I've focused on a low carb diet for the past few weeks, wondering if this is the best idea.. any comments/tips are welcome. Thanks in advance

Grind Hard and Stay Humble

T

TJianWei

May 30, 2012
It may seem impossible to lose weight or fat loss but i've read an article in abc news about Diabulimia: The Dangerous Way Diabetics Drop Pounds, i didn't read all of it. Sorry i couldn't post a link to you. Hyperglycemia makes you use fat as energy as the carbs cant be be use so it just keep flushing out by urine and slowly you lose weight as the days goes by, it takes time for you to notice but it will be dangerous. I've been wondering what's your insulin regimen like? Once a day maybe possible to make a fat loss thing. My friend has been trying injecting one time in the morning. Meals will be like 6am 250g cottage cheese with almonds, 9am-12pm-6pm low carbs source and 8oz of chicken breast, 9pm 5egg whites and 12am one scoop of shake. He usually work out for at least more than 5hrs, including cardio. Everyday at least half an hour of cardio. He's also trying to get lean and he ask me to look around to see whether is there any T1D is also looking for fat loss. Hope it helps a little.

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
I'm type 1 diabetic... I'm laying in bed as I type this ill get on here tmr and give a much more detailed response. Feel free to PM me in the mean time. Stats on me if ur wondering... 29 yo 6'4" 239 lbs... hope u stick around

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
It may seem impossible to lose weight or fat loss but i've read an article in abc news about Diabulimia: The Dangerous Way Diabetics Drop Pounds, i didn't read all of it. Sorry i couldn't post a link to you. Hyperglycemia makes you use fat as energy as the carbs cant be be use so it just keep flushing out by urine and slowly you lose weight as the days goes by, it takes time for you to notice but it will be dangerous. I've been wondering what's your insulin regimen like? Once a day maybe possible to make a fat loss thing. My friend has been trying injecting one time in the morning. Meals will be like 6am 250g cottage cheese with almonds, 9am-12pm-6pm low carbs source and 8oz of chicken breast, 9pm 5egg whites and 12am one scoop of shake. He usually work out for at least more than 5hrs, including cardio. Everyday at least half an hour of cardio. He's also trying to get lean and he ask me to look around to see whether is there any T1D is also looking for fat loss. Hope it helps a little.
Don't do this!!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic