Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

turkey or chicken "hash"

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I kinda made up this recipe because I had ground turkey and I had brown rice...and I was hungry LOL...it turned out so good it has become a regular in our rotation.

(writing the recipe for 1lb of meat, just double for 2lbs etc)

1lb ground turkey or chicken (or your fav lean ground meat)
1 cup chopped green pepper (or red/yellow-whatever you like)
1 cup chopped onion
season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper (or feel free to add your fav spices here) and crumble 1 veggie boullion cube (can omit salt if you like, these provide quite a bit) over the mix and brown...
meanwhile, cook rice-you will want at least 2 cups of rice per lb of meat, I generally use 3c. per lb, but it depends on how many carbs you are wanting to allow in the finished product.
when meat mixture is done, drain and add the rice to the pan (if using turkey it doesn't leave much liquid so you don't even have to drain it if you don't want) and mix thoroughly and heat through and until the mixture has a bit drier consistency than the rice normally does.

Thats it...serve with whatever veggies you like...it is tasty and filling...and another way to get your lean protein and complex carbs in while still enjoying the flavor of the food.

*you can sub low sodium veggie boullion if you need to..but the flavor is better with the sodium ;)

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
All day long with this type of recipe. Inserting some low sodium soy sauce instead of the bouillon, add some crushed red pepper flakes...

I'm hungry.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic