Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Trying to figure out optimal protein intake for winter bulk

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Im planning my winter bulk which will start in Jan and run through March-April....Currently I weigh 230lbs and I'm 5'11.

Im starting to plan out a meal plan and I'm trying to figure out either how to figure it out OR someone give advice on what the optimal amount of protein to intake in each meal would be so that I absorb the most of it and not (for example) get the protein shits.

I'm looking at doing 2-3 protein shakes per day which will have around 46grams of protein per serving which is the easy 138grams of the day. If I'm looking to to eat 1.5-2 grams per lb that means I'm looking at 460grams of proteins. I'm also looking at some macro/micro diet plans but my question is..

Whats the optimal amount of protein to eat with each meal?

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
1.5gms/lb is perfect. If that's 460gms, divide 460 by number of meals that you will eat/drink and theirs your answer.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
I am more focused on what is the best gram to absorption rate so I can avoid "wasting" and I want to optimize on all of it...

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Nows theres a knowledgeable answer? Have you seen my pics and my experience here my friend...

I'm asking how to get the most out of my machine....I'm asking how I can get the car to ride harder and faster and your answer is you get in and drive?

Cmon now...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I think he's just trying to say that you're over thinking it a bit. Unless you are wanting to put on very little fat while you bulk, then it's as simple as just eating a massive amount of food, many times per day. I didn't get up to 295lbs by counting the protein in each meal and dividing by how long it took to digest, I just fucking ate and kept eating.

M-Rods

M-Rods

Jun 10, 2011
IMO, too much time is spent trying to scientifically narrow down some magic number for a precise something or other. Allow me to beg your indulgence for a moment. Try this........................

Eat alot of protein, if you are not gaining................eat more,

if you are gaining but adding fat as well, do some cardio.

Nuff said.

No disrespect intended

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Yea I agree guys...I just read that half cocked at the time....my bad and valid points!

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
imo protein shouldn't flutuate too much all season. anywhere between 1-1.5g per lb of bodyweight is good year round.

now if your stuck on gaining, which can happen try and cut your protein intake in half for a week and up your carbs 30/60/10.

it might sound crazy but it worked for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic