Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Trolls vs Internet bullies

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have been known to occasionally troll the comments of youtube clips of old pro wrestling vids from the 80's, acting as though I believe it was all real, and pretending to be a total mark and apologist for the bad guys - Flair, JJ Dillion, 4 Horsemen, et al. It could be pretty funny to read the reactions of those who thought I didn't know it was fake, and also those who did think it was real themselves who were marks for the "good guys".

There was a guy who posted on anabolex under a number of handles about 10-12 years ago who had to be the greatest bb forum troll who ever lived. He kept getting banned and coming back under different names - "longshanks", "Corleone", "BR1095", etc. Some of us knew he was trolling from his very first post and always got a good laugh, but it was even funnier to see the reactions of those who didn't know he was kidding who would get mad at him for his "roid rages", etc.

Bolex had some of the best trolls, pranks and parody threads. Man, I miss those days. :( When they banned one of the kings of trolling, Megamorph, thats when Bolex started going down hill. Strongerthanall, OTOH, was a bully. That focker was strong as shit though, no doubt. One of the strongest guys on the forums I ever came across.

Oh, and let's not forget about Momo. ;)

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I think "Strongerthanall" and "Momo" must have come into their own after I stopped reading and posting a whole lot at 'bolex a few years back.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
This thread has StrongLyfe written all over it for the troll...

I think we do a decent job here of weeding these people out. I somehow got promoted to admin through post count, aggressive spooning, reach arounds and a decent cigar offering though. I like to bully but RR smacks me with her fanny pack with her discman still inside when I get cray cray......

I stopped going to Meso Millard Baker, place turned into a shit show

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
There has been a bit of media attention and media campaigns over here last couple of years about online bullying, mainly related to teenagers I am assuming and not on training related forums. I was thinking about that. It came about as a result of some suicides and concern about depression and anxiety. We are adults here, it isn't a PG rated forum so I guess members can post whatever they want within the rules. They can name someone or accuse them of something if that is what they really want. I never had time to be on forums, until I joined some and gave my contribution in 2012 ... never again lol ... now I will just do a bit of reading and posting here and there.

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Better to be jacked up by an online bully than an up close and personal bully. Wtf is this world coming to.

I think it is because we stopped spanking children.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
In too dont understand how u can be bullied online..not like they can punch u through the screen

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
It really shocked me to learn a few years ago that there really are very disturbed grownups who spend basically every waking moment, 16-18 hours a day, every day literally doing nothing but trolling online forums. They're usually either still living with aging parents, or perhaps getting by on a modest inheritance or disability entitlement or whatever. Still blows my mind that such people exist.

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
In too dont understand how u can be bullied online..not like they can punch u through the screen

I do agree with you. I might go even further and suggest that 'bullying' is not only a negative experience - it can help build resilience in the longer term. Words by themselves can't actually hurt people unless they allow it, we choose how we respond - ignore it or not bother participating or whatever.

I suppose it is a reference to cyber bullying which is different to physical bullying. I haven't bothered to re read the original post maybe it was more meant to be defined as excessive flaming. I think this isn't so relevant to us, it applies to young people or maybe something like the boss and his employee. Cyber bullying has made its entry into the legal system - you do have some rights in certain situations.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I do agree with you. I might go even further and suggest that 'bullying' is not only a negative experience - it can help build resilience in the longer term. Words by themselves can't actually hurt people unless they allow it, we choose how we respond - ignore it or not bother participating or whatever.

I suppose it is a reference to cyber bullying which is different to physical bullying. I haven't bothered to re read the original post maybe it was more meant to be defined as excessive flaming. I think this isn't so relevant to us, it applies to young people or maybe something like the boss and his employee. Cyber bullying has made its entry into the legal system - you do have some rights in certain situations.
I always laugh when i hear that word "cyber bullying" LOL..I used to get real ass whoopings..Todays kids are different im not saying their pussy their just different..They grew up in a computer world were if they get called a fag on facebook it crushes their whole world.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic