Joannafit
What's New?

Tragic Baseball Accident

habanero

habanero

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
YouTube - ‪Texas Rangers Fan Falls and Dies, Josh Hamilton 'Distraught'‬‏

If you're a baseball fan. This is absolutely heart breaking. You can read the story in todays news. I would call it a freak accident but apparently it is the second death this year. My heart goes out to that boy watching the tragic fate of his father. Kid rode in the front of the ambulance to the hospital where his dad was pronounced DOA.

RIP Shanon Stone, look down upon us from the stadium in the sky.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that is so sad. how horrible :(

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I feel bad for the player too. He was just being nice tossing the ball up to him. The player, Josh Hamilton, has a pretty tragic background and made a great comeback. Last night he hit a line-drive foul ball that hit a fan in the face. Sometimes you can't win.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
just a horrible situation....

habanero

habanero

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
I feel bad for the player too. He was just being nice tossing the ball up to him. The player, Josh Hamilton, has a pretty tragic background and made a great comeback. Last night he hit a line-drive foul ball that hit a fan in the face. Sometimes you can't win.

Good point IronInsanity, I feel bad for Hamilton as well and he stated the hardest part of all of it was hearing the boy (Cooper) crying out for his dad after he fell. Said it sunk in when he went home that nite to his wife and kids. He also stated that he would eventually reach out to the boy. I think that Super Stars that take the time to throw souveniers to the fans in the stands is great. Shows humility and a genuine love for the people that pay thier hard earned money to see them play. I believe Hamilton will make it right for the boy because of who he is as a person and where he came from. It was just a very tragic accident.

BTW, tonite Hamilton hit a game ending, 2 run homer to beat Oakland 7-6 and extend the Rangers win-streak to 6 games.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Yeah thats a horrible story. Hamilton is a great player whose overcame alot to be where hes at today. I just hope he can get past this.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
The thing I don't get is supposedly he died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital, so how are they blaming it on his fall and calling it a "baseball death"

habanero

habanero

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
The thing I don't get is supposedly he died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital, so how are they blaming it on his fall and calling it a "baseball death"

Sudden Cardiac Death can be caused by non-cardiac factors. Most common factors are; trauma (e.g. head injury), non-trauma related bleeding (e.g., intracranial hemorrhage, say from a head inujury), overdose, drowning and pulmonary embolism. Think of it like this, the brain controls the electrical system of the heart which makes it beat. The brain trauma causes the electrical system to short circuit causing to the heart to stop beating.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic