Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Torn on competiting Bodybuilding, Physique, or even.. bikini

buffgirl33

buffgirl33

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
as you can see by my profile pic in 2009 (OMG it was hard to get there!!!).. I do have some muscle.. I havent lifted very hard in several months due to having teeth fixed, and septum fixed.. (dr banned my from gym for 6 weeks!!) now i am super duper fat faty... :( so sad.. anyway I am soooo ready to compete again hopefully before JUNE.. Plans are to start hard and heavy in January when my husband leaves... I know how to diet etc.. but I need some type of edge.. stair climber is boring ashelll.. dont have money yet to pay for a cross fit class or something simular until Feb- March.. I live in the Dallas area...

any help ?? I was thinking doing diet like this to drop 20
1. cardio
2. amino and vitamins
3. cardio
4. shake
5. amino
6 cardio/ lift
small meal of white meat.. maybe some chicken (low fat)

just till i can get BACK to 135...

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
The pic looks great that must have been some work to get there! I'm sure your not as fat as you see yourself. I would bet you'll bounce back quickly after the rest from recouping post surgery. I would guess you know how your body reacts to diet better than any of us but if it was me I'd be eating more small meals to keep the metabolism kicking and maybe some ECA to bump it a little more.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
If you know how to diet why are you even considering that approach? The only real edge is knowledge and hard work. It's hard to know what to tell you without knowing what your diet/training looked like now/previously to see how you respond to various types of programs.

Halo meal frequency doesn't impact metabolism hence why IF type diets work.

buffgirl33

buffgirl33

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
because it worked to get me to 129 in 2010 for my vacation.. I do the fish,, chicken and eggs.. but even then i have to restrict my caloric intake to about 500

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I believe you should have goal, but what is your current weight? I mean you need to keep life real and not kill yourself in the process. Even at 140# just your protein intake would put you at 560 cals if you did 1gr per pound. You should figure how much you need to lose and then only plan on losing 2-3lbs max per week. Then find a show that works from that target date.

With your physique I would say figure is the way to go, you are too muscley for bikini and womens bbing is all but dead in regional shows. I think you would do well in figure, however that is without seeing your hammies...nonetheless I think that is right where you belong.

Parting thoughts:
Cardio only once a day until about 4 weeks from show time and only if needed.
Keep cals at 1200 for a while, you will lose plenty of blubber at that number 40% PRO/30%C/30% Fat
Don't over do it...:)

All the best,
Hawk

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
kudos for you to want to compete again! i suck at diet but nutnut knows what he is talking about!

good luck!

buffgirl33

buffgirl33

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
thank you for your advice.. I know that once a day of cardio will not do it :( tried that route.. my legs are awesome.. where can i post a pic p.jpg

does this work?? pre carb

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Arent you afraid of losing all your hard earned muscle eating that little? Good for you for wanting to do a show :)

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I am afraid I would have a psychotic episode if I ate 500 calories a day

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Thanks for posting a pic, I am PC challenged so I could not blow it up, but...while I am not you nor a women...I run in competitve circles and I am gonna stick with SHINE as I do not think 2XED cardio should be needed...only as a last resort and only at the end of prep for fine tuning, particularly if buns and legs look good.

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic