severedthumbz

time for me to get serious

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
American Challenge - NY | Powerlifting Watch
Powerlifting Watch | Covering the World of Powerlifting

ok fellas, i need to know a few things...if i compete in this event, i couldnt find my age category(45)..is this a drug tested event? the begining of a few more posts, please bear with me, i am a complete newbie in regards to this type of judged lifting.

D

dustyright

Feb 11, 2012
I am not a 100% for sure of the rules of that fedaration but i lifted in wabdl and 45 would b masters men class and as fare as drug testing only the top 10% of the meet would be drug tested. if that helps any. you will have three judges and it all depends some fedarations have so many different rules some meets you will have a start comand on bench and no press signal then some will just have a press signal and a rack signal. And the meets that just have a start command will red light you if you dont have a pause when you hut your chest. keep your ass on the bench that is a big problem people have. some fedarations will red light you if you start benching with your head on the bench and if you pull your head up when you are moving the weight. I competed for a long time in (wabdl) and held 2 world records and 3 time world champion so if I can help with any questions just let me know.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
100% RAW is drug tested. They do have your age category ( Masters 2) though.

If testing is a problem I'd suggest looking to compete in the raw division of one of the multi-ply feds. UPA allows knee wraps in their raw division, APF does not. Out that way you will also have some IPA, RPS, and single-ply fed ( IPF USAPL etc...) meets as well, almost all have raw divisions.

As for competing, Dusty is steering you right ( ZING!).... in that you need to know the rules of your federation. Know the commands for all three lifts, know what makes a legal lift and what will disqualify you.
I've competed all the way from state fair to world level ( WPC/AWPC) and can help as well..... so, ask away. Lots of guys here to help out.

ANd congrats on deciding to step on to the platform.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
these replies are exactly why i have to get busy boys....let me do more reasearch, which is only the beginning. thank you my brothers!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic