Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Think about your use/abuse again...

K

kane.d3

Oct 24, 2011
I was diagnosed with severe depression at a very young age, suicidal thoughts, hoplessness, unable to participate in the world socially. As a young man I used alcohol and drugs to self medicate this. I have been through all the anti-depresents and have had several panic attacks like you described. Even had one while I was driving and almost killed myself.

The first time I used AAS was the first time in my life I didn't feel depressed. There is no doubt that AAS messes with your brain and hormone levels. Even alters the way your body secreates natural things permanantly.

Every time I cycle, life is good and my depression is gone. But every time I do a cycle, when I come the depression worsens. Thats why anyone with depression I would advise to never use AAS because it only makes things worse.

This is why I'm a huge advocate of controlled, doctor administered and monitored AAS use. It is grear for manic depressents like me who have no other medications to help. I still stay on about 100mg a week when I'm mot cycling just to self medicate my depression.

If not, I basically am on a xanex (doctor prescribed) diet to control anxiety and mellow me out.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
amazing how differently everyone responds to this stuff....

I had been depressed and run down for a good year or two before I started on anything..... that's why I finally just said " fuck it, why not" and went on.

I've been on top of the world since going on. My evaluations at work have improved and mention how much more patient and positive I am.
My wife likes how I am always in a good mood, even if she doesn't like me chasing her around the house with a hard-on all the time.

sorry your experiences differ so much.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I've got the anxiety myself. I've got a script for ativan.

Slic.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
real men coast :)

in all seriousness, stress has alot to do with why alot of shit isnt functioning.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
alot of steroids actually will enhance your over all sense of well being like dbol for example

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Ok, for me its never been like this. Maybe its what I take (all the "feelgood" roids like test, dbol, proviron, EQ, ect) Maybe its my age and the fact I've been through a lot of shit in my day, maybe its the amounts I take IDK. Steroids have always made me feel better. I too suffered from depression as a teen and was on the edge of killing myself twice. I was put on meds but stopped taking them at 17. The only times I even feel a little down now is about the middle of my PCT and this only lasts for a little while.

Qwerty said:
alot of steroids actually will enhance your over all sense of well being like dbol for example

Yup, I loves me some dbol.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
I too have anxiety. It's GAD or generalized anxiety disorder and is hereditary most often paternally and with first born males. What makes it so tough is that EVERYTHING becomes a crisis. Little obstacles and things that should be no big deal become a nightmare that you can't escape.

For me, it was a huge relief just to talk to my doc about it even though I haven't told her about aas use at all. I also found out that both my Dad and Grandpa have the same problem and they've both been medicated for years because of it. I of course had no idea because I come from a long line of macho "manly men" and we don't have "feelings" to talk about, we just have beer and whisky to wash it away.

So, finding out that you aren't crazy, it happens to a lot of people, and probably people in your family should be a big relief. (It was for me)

I also take Wellbutrin which I have to say has completely changed my life and 100% for the positive. It takes a few weeks for everything to level out in your head but when it does, the whole world is amazing and doesn't make you want to run away from it. It also does wonders for restoring good sleep patterns (took about 8 weeks for me)

Lastly, I hope you always know that you've got a group of brother and sisters here that care about you and your well-being. We may not know each other face-to-face, but we all spend a lot of time together and share a lot of our lives with each other. There are a lot of folks here that will ALWAYS be here to talk/listen/make fun of Stunna to make yourself feel better etc.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Yes get a complete thyroid panel and make sure free t-3 is tested for!!!
just not TSH or T-4

and make sure those numbers are on the higher side from the test, that will help to cure depressive symptoms.

Are you on HRT or cycling at the moment? use HCG faithfuly cause if you don't you loose almost all pregnenolone and naty proges which have profound effects on the brain and helping depression.

definitley use a damn Anti-estrogen! high estrogen can lower thyroid and cause or add to depressive symptoms!
besides choles issues.

have a complete hormone pannel to check all of that,

some even need to supplement with DHEA and Pregnenolone which does wonders to help the depression for most.

Might not be the total solution but it for sure will help.

Pregnenolone FYI is a powerful neruo steroid on the brain and has valium type effects that help to calm moods!
also works somewhat like nandrolone as a good antiflammatory.

Nice list...may want to get reverse t3 checked out along with the other thyroid test. Having high stress and cortisol can increase reverse t3 levels, which blocks action of t3 by competing with same receptor.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I thank you all for your support and responses! I am pretty certain that this whole situation is caused by fucked up hormone levels and I am soon going to know exactly which hormones have caused this to me. I have decided against SSRI's or any brain drug in general. The side effects are terrifying. Fuck that.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
I thank you all for your support and responses! I am pretty certain that this whole situation is caused by fucked up hormone levels and I am soon going to know exactly which hormones have caused this to me. I have decided against SSRI's or any brain drug in general. The side effects are terrifying. Fuck that.

I would never try to push you to do something that you don't want to do. I would, however, urge you to look into wellbutrin and discuss it with your Dr. The side effects list of any of these drugs can be scary, but the side effects of Wellbutrin are very low in frequency overall. The only side I had was some slight dizziness when I first started taking it. It wasn't bad at all I could even still drive just fine. I did have a horrible experience with the first SSRI they put me on which was Celexa. It turned me into a zombie with horrible ED.

I do think that you're doing the right thing by checking all your hormone levels and making sure everything is right and within range before looking for drugs to fix the problem. I just wouldn't give up on considering an anti-depressant that may help you greatly.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
AAS does not cause anxiety or depression, all of the symptoms are rlated to existing issues. Yes have all your levels checked as some symptoms of fatigue can be traced back to the hormone levels , or it can be due to depression.
Kane- god bless , Im glad you have it under control- but again the drugs so not cause problems that way- You yourself stated that you have had issues all your life and had other chemcal dependency issues- Therefore AAS use can not be related - You had already established a clear and chronic pattern of mental health symptoms. They did not alter your mind,Your issues already had major major implications on your life.

People need to seek professional help for therapy or medication by a qualified psychologist or psychiatrist, of course if you are being prescribed medication you will need to share what you are taking because the anxiolytics and psychotropics are powerful powerful drugs that DO alter the mind and could have other medical related problems mixing withother drugs

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011

Just curious? How is it that you are so , "sure" that hormones have caused this? OR Had you been using AAS irresponsibly by using too much , too fast in which the AAS really are the issue at all. your habits are

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic