Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

The King of CrossFit

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
This is all pretty incredible. My eyes have been opened to something I knew nothing about. I'm learning. Thanks again CTJ

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I respect you and can see where you are coming from but I don't understand why you are so against strength + endurance.
Get away from the brand crossfit and think of it from a programming standpoint. I've never been this conditioned in my
life and I've never been this strong in my life at the same. Yes, if I focused just on squatting, I would be stronger at squatting
but as a human that's capable of so much more, other areas would suffer. I want to be an all around badass, not just a
strong squatter. I want to squat 500+ at 195lbs while also being able to ride a bike 30 miles through a trail and not get tired.
I like it when a smoking female asks me if I want to run a 10k with her and do it and not even be bothered by it...actually had a beer
right when I finished. I'm not a fan of running but I'm conditioned enough to do something like that without an issue. It's awesome.
There's so much more out there in life to test your limits than the confines of a gym.

Why can that type of mentality not earn any respect from you?

I'm not against strength + endurance at all. Athletes outside the US not only lift ridiculously amounts of weight, they are also outside working their cardio capacity. It's a very American though process to think you can't be strong and have endurance as well. Some of us are better suited for one or the other but you can definitely work on both. In fact Chinese and Russian Oly lifters perform morning cardio several times a week. I've been told by my old coach that while in Russia he watched Oly lifters play soccer for 45min as a "warm up" before heading into the training gym to begin training their snatches and clean & jerks.

Froning's C&J is good.... 370lbs is a solid number but at best he'll maybe place at Nats beyond that he would fall quite short at the world level.

I also don't believe CF to be the best test of strength + endurance.... that combination has a sport already...... it's called Strongman /Strongwoman. That is the truest test of strength + endurance. You must be insanely strong plus have quite the endurance to perform the medleys they are up against.

I have strong opinions but that doesn't mean I don't respect you... it just means I don't agree with you at times.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'm not against strength + endurance at all. Athletes outside the US not only lift ridiculously amounts of weight, they are also outside working their cardio capacity. It's a very American though process to think you can't be strong and have endurance as well. Some of us are better suited for one or the other but you can definitely work on both. In fact Chinese and Russian Oly lifters perform morning cardio several times a week. I've been told by my old coach that while in Russia he watched Oly lifters play soccer for 45min as a "warm up" before heading into the training gym to begin training their snatches and clean & jerks.

Froning's C&J is good.... 370lbs is a solid number but at best he'll maybe place at Nats beyond that he would fall quite short at the world level.

I also don't believe CF to be the best test of strength + endurance.... that combination has a sport already...... it's called Strongman /Strongwoman. That is the truest test of strength + endurance. You must be insanely strong plus have quite the endurance to perform the medleys they are up against.

I have strong opinions but that doesn't mean I don't respect you... it just means I don't agree with you at times.

I didn't mean to imply you didn't respect me. I know we have no problem there. I was talking about respecting CF.
It's basically a lighter weight, a little more endurance based version of strongman. Although, I felt the masters division
who were pulling 500-600 was quite impressive. I posted an article about CF from a strongman competitor's perspective.
He had lots of great things to say about it. Yes, CF athletes still have some tweaking to do for sled pulls/pushes and weighted
rope pulls but for every athlete that was using an inefficient technique, there was one using excellent technique.

We can see things differently for the time being. I hope it continues to evolve and perhaps your perspective on it may change.
We all know there's some holes in it but no doubt those holes will be filled as the competition grows.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
leonardo-di-caprio-biting-his-own-fist.jpg .

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I must admit, there are some smoking hot ladies who do crossfit :)

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I'm actually considering doing crossfit 1 to 2 times a week in addition to my normal routine to help develop some athleticism and explosiveness. I'm at a plateau right now and need to break through. I watched some of this on ESPN last weekend and at first was bashing the shit out of it, Then I saw the level of conditioning these athletes have and as a bodybuilder I need that. Christian Thibaudeau also posted a good read on his experience with crossfit recently and what it has done for his powerlifting. I can't keep doing the same shit and expect different results. So call me gay if you must, but I need to do something.

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
I like watching the competitions. The main thing that bothers me about cross fit is that many of the coaches/trainers have no real experience performing the lifts they are trying to teach. Therein lies much of the problem for it to last long term IMO.

Oh, and just call it a gym, not a "Box"... "Box", really? What the hell is that?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic