Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

The Great Tit and Blue Tit are...

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
"Animals" should stop eating Popeye's, smoking menthols, drinking fawtyz and do some yard work.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
And would it hurt you to get dressed and clean up around here?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
A couple of cats were diagnosed with COVID-19...Not good...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Now, a pug got it....I love that breed...Use to won a few and catered to a few liters...

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You understand that that is close to impossible, right? I would check your sources.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
You understand that that is close to impossible, right? I would check your sources.

Impossible like all strains of human influenza coming from birds?

Or impossible like the current outbreak and also HIV coming from bats via a 3rd species?

Are you saying cross species transmission of a virus is impossible?

Or just close to impossible? :)

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
If this is the corona killing the birds, it’s not impossible for this virus to have jumped from species to species. Remember, lots of reports coming out that this virus came from a research lab in Wuhan now.

however, it could have be some other parasite or bacteria causing this one species issues.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Impossible like all strains of human influenza coming from birds?
Or impossible like the current outbreak and also HIV coming from bats via a 3rd species?
Are you saying cross species transmission of a virus is impossible?
Or just close to impossible? :)
Close to impossible. The way viruses replicate a lot of keys have to fit into a lot of locks. And you're saying 4 species in about 4 months.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Close to impossible. The way viruses replicate a lot of keys have to fit into a lot of locks. And you're saying 4 species in about 4 months.

I didn’t say anything except that cross species transmission isn’t wholly uncommon.

Can you be more specific about those “keys and locks”? I’m unclear on exactly what kinds of mutations a virus must go through to jump species. You seem to know.

Thank you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic